Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Nootsil, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- For violations of liver function
- Use in the elderly
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Noocil
- Price for Nootsil in pharmacies
- Nootsil: prices in online pharmacies
Nootsil: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. For violations of liver function
- 13. Use in the elderly
- 14. Drug interactions
- 15. Analogs
- 16. Terms and conditions of storage
- 17. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 18. Reviews
- 19. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Noocil
ATX code: N06BX06
Active ingredient: citicoline (Citicoline)
Manufacturer: LLC "Ozon" (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2019-21-09
Prices in pharmacies: from 480 rubles.
Nootsil is a broad-spectrum nootropic agent.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - solution for oral administration: colorless, transparent, has a characteristic odor [5, 10 or 30 ml in glass transparent bottles or PET bottles (polyethylene terephthalate), sealed with a screw polymer cap with a first opening control or a plastic cap, in a cardboard box 1, 3, 6 or 10 vials each with Noocil instructions for use; there is a syringe dispenser in packages with vials of 30 ml].
1 ml of solution contains:
- active ingredient: citicoline - 100 mg (in the form of sodium citicoline - 104.5 mg);
- additional ingredients: sodium saccharinate - 0.2 mg; potassium sorbate - 3 mg; propyl parahydroxybenzoate - 0.25 mg; methyl parahydroxybenzoate - 1.45 mg; sodium citrate - 6 mg; citric acid - 1 mg; glycerol - 50 mg; sorbitol - 200 mg; strawberry flavor - 0.41 mg; purified water - up to 1 ml.
Citicoline is a precursor of key ultrastructural components of the cell membrane (mainly phospholipids) with a broad spectrum of action. When applied, damaged cell membranes are restored, the effect of phospholipases is inhibited, free radicals are not formed in excess amounts. In addition, Noocil, acting on the mechanisms of apoptosis, prevents cell death. Citicoline reduces the volume of damage to the brain substance in the acute period of stroke, improves cholinergic transmission. In patients with traumatic brain injury, it reduces the severity of neurological symptoms, the duration of post-traumatic coma and the duration of the recovery period.
Citicoline improves the symptoms observed in patients with chronic hypoxia of the brain (lack of initiative, difficulty in self-care and daily activities, memory impairment). Drug therapy can reduce the manifestations of amnesia and increase the level of attention and consciousness.
Noocila is effective in the treatment of sensory and motor neurological disorders of vascular and degenerative etiology.
Pharmacokinetic parameters of citicoline:
- absorption: when taken orally, citicoline is almost completely absorbed. The bioavailability of the substance when taking the drug inside only slightly differs from that after intravenous administration;
- metabolism: occurs in the liver and intestines, cytidine and choline are formed in the process of biotransformation; after taking the choline level in the blood plasma increases significantly;
- distribution: citicoline is well distributed in the structures of the brain, choline fractions are quickly incorporated into structural phospholipids, and cytidine fractions - into nucleic acids and cytidine nucleotides. The substance enters the brain and is actively incorporated into the cytoplasmic, cellular and mitochondrial membranes, thus participating in the construction of the phospholipid fraction;
- Excretion: citicoline derived from an organism in a volume of 15% of the dose, of which less than 3% excreted in urine and feces and about 12% - with exhaled CO 2. The process of excretion of citicoline by the kidneys is divided into 2 phases: during the first phase, which lasts 36 hours, the rate of excretion of the substance decreases rapidly, during the second phase it slows down significantly. A similar process is observed in the exhaled CO 2 - citicoline excretion rate rapidly decreases after about 15 hours, after which slows substantially.
Indications for use
Nootsil is indicated for the treatment of the following diseases / conditions:
- behavioral and cognitive disorders in vascular and degenerative diseases of the brain;
- hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke - therapy during the recovery period;
- cerebral infarction (acute period of ischemic stroke) - as part of complex therapy;
- traumatic brain injury - therapy during the recovery period; in the acute phase - as part of complex therapy.
- severe vagotonia (predominance of the tone of the parasympathetic part of the autonomic nervous system);
- children and adolescents under 18 years of age (there are no clinical data sufficient to assess the safety and efficacy of the drug in this age group);
- hypersensitivity to the components that make up Noocil.
Nootsil, instructions for use: method and dosage
Noocil solution is intended for oral administration. The previously required dose of the solution can be diluted in 120 ml (or ½ glass) of water.
The preferred time of intake is between meals or with meals.
Recommended dosage regimen of Noocil:
- behavioral and cognitive disorders in vascular and degenerative diseases of the brain: from 500 to 2000 mg per day (from 5 to 10 ml 1-2 times a day). The doctor determines the duration of therapy and the dosage based on the severity of the symptoms of the disease;
- hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke, traumatic brain injury (recovery period): from 500 to 2000 mg per day (from 5 to 10 ml 1-2 times a day). The doctor determines the duration of therapy and dosage based on the severity of the symptoms of the disease;
- ischemic stroke and traumatic brain injury (acute period): 1000 mg (10 ml) every 12 hours. The duration of therapy is at least 6 weeks.
Noocil solution dose adjustment is not required for elderly patients.
Adverse reactions during therapy with Noocil, arising from systems and organs [are grouped according to the following classification: very often ≥ 1/10; often (≥ 1/100 to <1/10); infrequently (≥ 1/1000 to <1/100); rarely (≥ 1/10 000 to <1/1000); very rarely <1 / 10,000; frequency unknown - frequency cannot be determined from available data]:
- psyche: very rarely - insomnia, agitation, hallucinations;
- central nervous system: very rarely - reactions from the parasympathetic system, numbness in paralyzed limbs, headache, tremors, dizziness;
- respiratory system, chest and mediastinal organs: very rarely - shortness of breath;
- liver and biliary tract: very rarely - a change in the activity of liver enzymes;
- gastrointestinal tract: very rarely - diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite;
- skin and subcutaneous tissues: very rarely - anaphylactic shock, purpura, hyperemia, rash, pruritus, urticaria;
- vessels: very rarely - arterial hypertension / hypotension;
- general disorders and disorders at the injection site: very rarely - edema, fever, chills.
In case of aggravation of any of the above effects or the appearance of adverse reactions not described in this instruction, it is necessary to notify the attending physician.
Given the low toxicity of citicoline, drug overdose is unlikely. In cases where a large dose of Noocil was taken by mistake, symptomatic treatment is prescribed.
The preservative included in the Noocil solution may undergo temporary partial crystallization, and therefore, when the solution enters the cold, a small amount of crystals may form. The formed particles dissolve within a few months upon further storage under recommended conditions. The presence of crystallized particles in the solution has no effect on the quality of the preparation.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
Nootsil can cause undesirable reactions from the nervous system such as dizziness and tremors, which can affect the ability to concentrate and the speed of psychomotor reactions. Therefore, patients undergoing drug therapy and employed in potentially hazardous industries (work with moving machinery and complex equipment), as well as driving vehicles, should be careful.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
There is not enough information on the use of citicoline in women who are carrying a child. Studies carried out on animals have not recorded a negative effect on the course of pregnancy, however, prescribing Noocil to women during this period is allowed only if the expected benefit to the mother exceeds the potential risk to the fetus.
There is no reliable information about the excretion of citicoline in breast milk, therefore, women who are breastfeeding, if necessary, prescribing Noocil should refuse breastfeeding, since the risk to the child cannot be completely excluded.
Children and adolescents under 18 years of age are not prescribed Noocil, since there are no clinical data sufficient to assess the safety and efficacy of the drug in this age group.
With impaired renal function
There are no special conditions for the use of Noocil for patients with impaired renal function.
For violations of liver function
There are no special conditions for using Noocil for patients with impaired liver function.
Use in the elderly
Elderly patients do not need to adjust the dose of Noocil.
It is not recommended to use citicoline in conjunction with drugs containing meclofenoxate.
When taking Noocil simultaneously with levodopa, the effectiveness of the latter increases.
The analogues of Noocil are Quinel, Lexuver, Neipilept, Neuropol, Neurocholin, Proneiro, Recognan, Ronocyte, Cerakson, Ceralin-Lekpharm, Ceresil Canon, Citicoline, Encetron-SOLOpharm, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children.
The temperature at the storage location should not exceed 25 ° C.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Noocil
There are currently no reviews about Noocil.
Price for Nootsil in pharmacies
The approximate price for Nootsil, oral solution, 100 mg / ml, depending on the pharmacy network is 478-541 rubles. (for 3 bottles of 10 ml) or 843-945 rubles. (for 10 vials of 10 ml).
Nootsil: prices in online pharmacies
Nootsil 100 mg / ml oral solution 10 ml 3 pcs.
Nootsil 100 mg / ml oral solution 10 ml 10 pcs.
Nootsil oral solution 100mg / ml vial. 10ml No. 10
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!