Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Ximedon, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Ximedon
- Price for Ximedon in pharmacies
- Ximedon: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Ximedon - Instructions For The Use Of Tablets, Price, Analogs, Reviews
Ximedon: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Xymedone
ATX code: A13A
Active ingredient: hydroxyethyldimethyldihydropyrimidine (Hydroxiethyldimethyldihydropyrimidine)
Manufacturer: Tatkhimfarmpreparaty, JSC (Russia)
Description and photo updated: 30.11.2018
Prices in pharmacies: from 764 rubles.
Xymedon is a drug that activates metabolism in tissues, improves trophism and stimulates regeneration processes.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - tablets: flat-cylindrical round shape, from white with a cream shade to light pink with a cream shade, have inclusions of a more intense color, with a risk and a chamfer (in a cardboard box 2, 5 or 10 blisters of 10 tablets or 1 can 50 tablets and instructions for use of Ximedon).
Composition of 1 tablet:
- active substance: hydroxyethyl dimethyldihydropyrimidine - 250 mg;
- auxiliary components: potato starch - 44.6 mg; calcium stearate - 0.9 mg; talc - 4.5 mg.
Hydroxyethyl dimethyldihydropyrimidine - the active substance of Xymedon, helps to accelerate tissue regeneration processes and reduce the healing time of the burn surface, as well as improve engraftment of skin grafts during autodermoplasty.
Other effects of the drug:
- normalization of the ratio between the amount of fibrinogen in the blood and its fibrinolytic activity;
- improvement of regional blood circulation;
- normalization of the immune system;
- increased phagocytic activity of T-lymphocytes and nonspecific resistance of the organism.
Hydroxyethyl dimethyldihydropyrimidine is rapidly absorbed after oral administration (within 30-60 minutes). C max (maximum concentration of the substance) in the blood serum is reached in 1.7 hours.
T 1/2 (half-life) - 5.5 hours With serum albumin it binds slightly (by 9%). Due to this, as well as the absence of biological transformation in the body, Xymedon does not have a competitive effect when taking other drugs.
Indications for use
As part of the complex treatment, Ximedon is prescribed in the following cases:
- superficial and deep burns (when preparing patients for autodermoplasty);
- trophic ulcers, long-term non-healing wounds;
- peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum;
- purulent-inflammatory diseases of bones and soft tissues;
- chronic osteomyelitis;
- microbial eczema;
- streptococcal infections (including sore throat, erysipelas);
- deep vein thrombophlebitis of the lower extremities;
- pulmonary tuberculosis;
- viral hepatitis;
- chronic cystic sinusitis;
- Chronical bronchitis;
- the period before and after operations: Xymedon is used to prevent the development of pyo-inflammatory complications of postoperative wounds, especially in patients who have a high risk of failure of the abdominal wall sutures (against the background of anemia, diabetes, etc.) and the gastrointestinal tract.
- acute and chronic leukemia;
- age up to 18 years;
- lactation period;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Relative (Xymedon is prescribed under medical supervision):
Ximedon, instructions for use: method and dosage
Xymedon tablets are taken orally before meals.
The dosage regimen is determined by the indications:
- superficial and deep burns (when preparing patients for autodermoplasty): 2 tablets 3 times a day for a course of 20 days; for skin plastic surgery, Ximedon is applied for 10 days before and after it;
- trophic ulcers, long-term non-healing wounds, bedsores: 2 tablets 3 times a day for a course of 25-30 days;
- peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum: 2 tablets 2 times a day for a course of 12 days;
- frostbite: 1-2 tablets from 3 to 4 times a day for a course of 2-5 weeks;
- purulent-inflammatory diseases of bones and soft tissues: 2 tablets 4 times a day for 10-30 days;
- chronic osteomyelitis: before and after the operation, 2 tablets 4 times a day for a course of 20-25 days; repeated courses are prescribed every 6 months for 1.5 years;
- microbial eczema, viral hepatitis B and C: 2 tablets 3 times a day for 10 days;
- streptococcal infections (including sore throat, erysipelas): 2 tablets 3 times a day for a course of 7 to 10 days;
- psoriasis: 2 tablets 3 times a day for a course of 2 to 3 weeks;
- rheumatism: 2 tablets 3 times a day for a course of 3 to 4 weeks;
- pulmonary tuberculosis: 2 tablets 4 times a day for a course of 2 months;
- chronic cystic sinusitis: 1–2 tablets 4 times a day for 30 days;
- chronic bronchitis, pneumonia: 2 tablets 4 times a day for a course of 18–21 days;
- salmonellosis: 2 tablets 3 times a day for 7 days;
- the period before and after the operations (in order to prevent the development of pyoinflammatory complications of postoperative wounds): 2 tablets 4 times a day for a course of 10-20 days (Ximedon is taken from the first day after the operation or for 3-5 days in the preoperative period and then from the first day after the operation).
When taking Xymedon, dyspepsia may develop, allergic reactions are not excluded.
Cases of toxic manifestations were not observed, since Xymedon has a wide range of therapeutic effects and low toxicity.
Patients with diabetes mellitus are advised to carry out glucose tolerance tests more often, which is associated with the likelihood of a decrease in insulin requirements.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
- pregnancy: Xymedon can be used only after assessing the ratio of the expected benefit and the existing risk;
- lactation: during the period of drug therapy, breastfeeding is recommended to be interrupted.
It is contraindicated to use Ximedon tablets in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
The incompatibility of Xymedon with any drugs in the combined use has not been identified. The drug can be used simultaneously with anabolic steroids, biological and chemical antiseptics.
Analogs of Ximedon are: Actovegin, Methyluracil, Sea buckthorn oil, Rosehip oil, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a place protected from light and moisture, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Ximedon
Reviews about Ximedon are few. The drug is considered affordable and recommended as an effective wound healing agent.
Price for Ximedon in pharmacies
The approximate price for Ximedon (50 tablets) is 1009-1049 rubles.
Ximedon: prices in online pharmacies
Ximedon 250 mg tablets 50 pcs.
Ximedon tab. 250mg No. 50
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!