Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Karbopekt: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Karbopekt
- Price for Carbopect in pharmacies
- Karbopect: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Karbopect - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews, Analogs, Tablets
Karbopect: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Drug interactions
- 10. Analogs
- 11. Terms and conditions of storage
- 12. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 13. Reviews
- 14. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Carbopect
ATX code: A.07. BA01
Active ingredient: Activated charcoal
Manufacturer: MEDISORB, CJSC (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2018-24-10
Prices in pharmacies: from 74 rubles.
Karbopect is a combined enterosorbent drug with a broad spectrum of action with antidiarrheal and detoxification effects.
Release form and composition
Dosage forms of release of Karbopekt:
- tablets: black, slightly rough, with possible shiny inclusions (in blister or non-blister packs of 10 pcs., in vials or polymer cans of 20, 50, 100, 120, 150, 200 or 500 pcs., in a katon pack 2, 5, 10, 15 or 20 packs, or 1 bottle or can);
- capsules: colorless, gelatinous, size No. 0, inside filled with black granules with possible shiny inclusions (in vials or polymer cans of 20, 50, 100, 120 or 150 pcs., in blister packs of 10 pcs., in a katon pack 1 bottle or can, or 2, 5, 10 or 15 packs).
Composition of 1 tablet:
- active substance: activated carbon - 0.23 g;
- auxiliary components: calcium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pectin.
Composition of 1 capsule:
- active substance: activated carbon - 0.11 g;
- auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose - 0.063 g; pectin - 0.127 g;
- capsule shell: water, gelatin.
Carbopect belongs to the group of polyvalent physicochemical antidotes and has a high surface activity.
The actions of the drug due to its constituent components:
- adsorption of poisons and toxins from the gastrointestinal tract prior to their absorption, including gases, sulfonamides, hydrocyanic acid, phenol derivatives, toxins of animal, plant and bacterial origin, heavy metal salts, barbiturates and other narcotic and hypnotics, glycosides, alkaloids;
- adsorption of excess of certain metabolic products, cholesterol, urea, bilirubin, as well as endogenous metabolites responsible for the development of endogenous toxicosis;
- weak adsorption of alkali and acid (including ethylene glycol, methanol, malathion, cyanides, iron salts);
- no decrease in intestinal motor activity (due to pectin).
Characteristics of activated carbon:
- absorption: absent;
- splitting: absent;
- excretion: within 24 hours through the gastrointestinal tract.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Karbopect is used in the following cases:
- exogenous and endogenous intoxication of various etiologies: dysentery, salmonellosis, food toxicoinfections (as part of complex therapy as a detoxifying agent);
- poisoning with salts of heavy metals and other poisons, alkaloids, drugs (narcotic, sleeping pills, psychotropic and other drugs);
- flatulence, dyspepsia against the background of pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract;
- drug and food allergies;
- hyperazotemia, hyperbilirubinemia;
- X-ray and ultrasound examination (to reduce gas formation in the intestine);
- chronic intoxication among workers in hazardous industries (for prevention).
- ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, including ulcerative colitis, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract;
- intestinal atony;
- individual intolerance to the components that make up Karbopect.
Instructions for the use of Karbopekt: method and dosage
Carbopect tablets are taken orally, whole or in the form of an aqueous suspension (in a crushed form, stir in ½ glass of water) 1-2 hours before or after a meal or other medicines.
- adults: 4-8 pcs. 3-4 times a day; the maximum single dose is up to 8 g;
- children: the dose is set based on the calculation - 0.05 g per 1 kg of body weight 3 times a day; the maximum single dose is up to 0.2 g per 1 kg of body weight.
In cases of acute intoxication, therapy begins with gastric lavage by means of a suspension of Carbopect tablets, then the drug is taken orally for 20-30 g.
With flatulence, appoint 4-8 pieces. 3-4 times a day.
Duration of therapy:
- acute diseases: from 3 to 5 days;
- allergies and chronic diseases: up to 14 days;
- flatulence: from 3 to 7 days.
It is possible to repeat the course of treatment after 14 days (as prescribed by the attending physician).
Carbopect capsules are taken orally, 1-2 hours before or after meals or other medications. For children under 6 years of age, the capsules are opened before taking, their contents are added to water and given in the form of a suspension.
- adults: 4-8 pcs. 3-4 times a day; maximum single dose - up to 32 pcs.;
- children: the dose is selected individually based on the calculation - 0.05 g per 1 kg of body weight 3 times a day; the maximum single dose is up to 0.2 g per 1 kg of body weight.
In cases of flatulence, take 4-8 pieces. 3-4 times a day.
Duration of treatment:
- acute pathologies: varies within 3-5 days;
- chronic diseases, allergies: up to 14 days;
- flatulence: 3–7 days.
A repeated course of treatment is allowed after 14 days (as prescribed by the attending physician).
- decreased absorption of calcium, vitamins and other nutrients from the gastrointestinal tract (in cases of prolonged use of the drug);
- staining of feces in a dark color.
There are no data on Karbopekt overdose.
In cases of intoxication, before gastric lavage, it is necessary to create an excess of activated carbon in the stomach, and after lavage - in the intestine. With a decrease in the concentration of activated carbon in the medium, the bound substance is desorbed into the intestinal lumen and absorbed into the blood. To prevent resorption, gastric lavage is repeated with activated charcoal and its intake is prescribed.
In case of poisoning caused by substances taking part in enterohepatic circulation (morphine, indomethacin, cardiac glycosides and other opiates), activated carbon is taken for several days. If the funds have been taken for more than 10-14 days, calcium and vitamins are prescribed for prophylaxis.
Activated carbon in combination therapy with other drugs for oral administration reduces their effectiveness.
Karbopekt analogs are: Ultra-adsorb, Activated carbon, Sorbex.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a place protected from light and moisture at temperatures up to 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Karbopekt
According to reviews, Karbopect is an easy-to-use, fast-acting, high-quality and effective drug for poisoning. Among the shortcomings, the price of the drug in pharmacies is most often noted, given its course use.
Price for Carbopect in pharmacies
The approximate price of Karbopect capsules (20 pcs in a package) is 68 rubles.
Karbopect: prices in online pharmacies
Carbopect 110 mg capsule 20 pcs.
Carbopect capsules 110mg 20 pcs.
Carbopect 110 mg capsule 50 pcs.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!