Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Indications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Lyrics: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Lyrics - Instructions For Use, Indications, Doses, Analogues
Instructions for use:
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Indications for use
- 3. Contraindications
- 4. Method of application and dosage
- 5. Side effects
- 6. Special instructions
- 7. Drug interactions
- 8. Analogs
- 9. Terms and conditions of storage
- 10. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Prices in online pharmacies:
from 217 rub.
Lyrica is an antiepileptic drug.
Release form and composition
The drug Lyrica is produced in the form of capsules: hard, gelatinous, with the inscription "Pfizer" applied in black ink on the cap, on the body - dosage and code; the contents of the capsules are almost white or white powder:
- 25 mg: size # 4, white; on the body - "PGN 25" (in blisters of 14 pcs., 1 blister in a cardboard box);
- 50 mg: size # 3, white with a black stripe on the body; on the case - "PGN 50" (in blisters of 10 pcs., 10 blisters in a cardboard box; in blisters of 14 pcs., 1 or 4 blisters in a cardboard box; in blisters of 21 pcs., 4 blisters in a cardboard box pack);
- 75 mg: size # 4, with a white body and a red-brown to dark-red-brown lid; on the case - "PGN 75" (in blisters of 14 pcs., 1 or 4 blisters in a cardboard box);
- 100 mg: size # 3, red-brown to dark red-brown; on the case - "PGN 100" (in blisters of 10 pcs., 10 blisters in a cardboard box; in blisters of 14 pcs., 1 or 4 blisters in a cardboard box; in blisters of 21 pcs., 4 blisters in a cardboard box pack);
- 150 mg: size # 2, white; on the body - "PGN 150" (in blisters of 14 pcs., 1 or 4 blisters in a cardboard box);
- 200 mg: size # 1, light red-brown to red-brown; on the case - "PGN 200" (in blisters of 10 pcs., 10 blisters in a cardboard box; in blisters of 14 pcs., 1 or 4 blisters in a cardboard box; in blisters of 21 pcs., 4 blisters in a cardboard box pack);
- 300 mg: size # 0, with a white body and a dark red-brown to red-brown lid; on the case - "PGN 300" (in blisters of 14 pcs., 1 or 4 blisters in a cardboard box).
1 capsule contains:
- Active ingredient: pregabalin - 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200 or 300 mg;
- Auxiliary components (respectively): lactose monohydrate - 35/70 / 8.25 / 11 / 16.5 / 22/33 mg, corn starch - 20/40 / 8.375 / 11.17 / 16.75 / 22.33 / 33, 5 mg, talc - 20/40 / 8.375 / 11.17 / 16.75 / 22.33 / 33.5 mg.
The body and caps of the capsules include:
- 25, 50 and 150 mg (body and cap), 75 and 300 mg (body): titanium dioxide - 2.4423%, gelatin - up to 100%;
- 75 mg (cap), 100 mg (body and cap): dye red iron oxide - 1.7361%, titanium dioxide - 0.409%, gelatin - up to 100%;
- 200 mg (body and cap): red iron oxide dye - 0.4398%, titanium dioxide - 0.4144%, gelatin - up to 100%;
- 300 mg (cap): dye red iron oxide - 0.7361%, titanium dioxide - 0.409%, gelatin - up to 100%.
Composition of capsule ink: shellac, concentrated ammonia solution, ethanol, isopropanol, potassium hydroxide, butanol, propylene glycol, black iron oxide dye, purified water.
Indications for use
- Generalized anxiety disorder;
- Neuropathic pain;
- Epilepsy (as adjunctive therapy for partial seizures with or without secondary generalization).
- Rare hereditary diseases, incl. intolerance to galactose, malabsorption of galactose / glucose and lactase deficiency;
- Age up to 17 years inclusive (there are no data on the safety and efficacy of the drug in this age category of patients);
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
Lyrics should be taken with caution in the presence of renal and heart failure, as well as in patients with a history of drug dependence (during therapy, they need careful medical supervision).
Breastfeeding should be discontinued for breastfeeding women during treatment. It is possible to prescribe Lyrica during pregnancy only after assessing the ratio of the benefits to the mother's health with the likely risk to the fetus.
Women of reproductive age need to use adequate methods of contraception.
Method of administration and dosage
Take capsules orally, food intake has no effect on the effectiveness of the drug.
The daily dose can range from 150-600 mg, the frequency of administration is 2-3 times a day.
The dosage regimen depends on the indications. The starting dose for the treatment of epilepsy, neuropathic pain, fibromyalgia, and generalized anxiety disorders is 150 mg per day. After 3-7 days (determined by the tolerance of the drug and the achieved effect), it may be increased by 2 times (with insufficient effect - up to 450 mg per day). If necessary, but not earlier than after another 7 days, the daily dose can be increased to a maximum of 600 mg.
You need to cancel Lyrica gradually, at least within one week.
In case of functional disorders of the kidneys, the dose for men and women is selected taking into account creatinine clearance (CC) individually:
- Men: CC (ml per minute) = (body weight in kg) x (140 - age in years) / 72 x serum creatinine (mg / dl);
- Women: CC (ml per minute) = 0.85 x CC value for men.
For patients on hemodialysis, the daily dose of Lyrica is selected taking into account the renal function (depending on the creatinine clearance, the daily starting / maximum dose and the frequency of administration are found):
- ≥60 ml per minute: 150/600 mg, 2-3 times a day;
- ≥30 and
After each four-hour hemodialysis session, an additional dose is prescribed once: starting - 25 mg, maximum - 100 mg.
No dose adjustment is required in patients with liver dysfunction.
Elderly patients over 65 years of age may need to reduce the pregabalin dose due to decreased renal function.
If a dose is missed, it should be taken as soon as possible, but there is no need to increase the next dose.
The most common side effects are drowsiness and dizziness. Usually, these phenomena are characterized by a mild or moderate course, but in some cases they can become a causal withdrawal of therapy. Other side effects that led to discontinuation of treatment were impaired coordination and attention, peripheral edema, ataxia, confusion, asthenia, and blurred vision. These side effects may be due to the underlying medical condition or be caused by concomitant therapy.
During the use of Lyrica, the following disorders may develop:
- Nervous system: very often - drowsiness, dizziness; often - ataxia, dysarthria, lethargy, tremors, impaired attention, balance and coordination, paresthesia, sedation, memory impairment, amnesia; infrequently - speech impairment, nystagmus, stupor, cognitive disorders, hypesthesia, myoclonic seizures, weakening of reflexes, postural dizziness, burning sensation on the mucous membranes and skin, fainting, intentional tremor, psychomotor agitation, dyskinesia, loss of taste, hyperesthesia; rarely - hypokinesia, dysgraphia, parosmia;
- Hematopoietic system: rarely - neutropenia;
- Respiratory system: infrequently - cough, shortness of breath, dryness of the nasal mucosa; rarely - a feeling of tightness in the throat, bleeding from the nose, nasal congestion, rhinitis, snoring;
- Digestive system: often - dry mouth, bloating, flatulence, constipation, vomiting; infrequently - gastroesophageal reflux, weakening of the sensitivity of the oral mucosa, increased salivation; rarely - ascites, dysphagia, pancreatitis;
- Reproductive system: often - erectile dysfunction; infrequently - delayed ejaculation, sexual dysfunction; rarely - dysmenorrhea, discharge from the mammary glands and their increase in volume, amenorrhea, pain in the mammary glands;
- Musculoskeletal system: infrequently - arthralgia, muscle twitching, myalgia, joint swelling, muscle spasms and stiffness, pain in the back and limbs; rarely - spasms of the cervical muscles, neck pain, rhabdomyolysis;
- Cardiovascular system: infrequently - tachycardia, cold extremities, hot flashes, decrease or increase in blood pressure, AV-blockade of the 1st degree; rarely - sinus arrhythmia, tachycardia and bradycardia;
- Urinary system: infrequently - dysuria, urinary incontinence; rarely - renal failure, oliguria;
- Organ of vision: often - diplopia, blurred vision; infrequently - puffiness of the eyes, pain in the eyes, decreased visual acuity, asthenopia, narrowing of the visual fields, increased lacrimation, dry eyes; rarely - strabismus, eye irritation, flickering of sparks before the eyes, oscillopsia, loss of peripheral vision, mydriasis, impaired perception of depth of vision, increased brightness of visual perception;
- Organs of the vestibular apparatus and hearing: often - dizziness; infrequently - hyperacusis;
- Psyche: often - decreased libido, irritability, euphoria, confusion, disorientation, insomnia; infrequently - anxiety, mood lability, depersonalization, apathy, hallucinations, panic attacks, anorgasmia, depression, difficulty in choosing words, agitation, depressed mood, increased libido and insomnia, unusual dreams; rarely - disinhibition, high spirits;
- Invasions and infections: infrequently - nasopharyngitis;
- Dermatological reactions: infrequently - sweating, skin flushing, papular rash; rarely - urticaria, cold sweat;
- Metabolism: often - an increase in appetite and body weight; infrequently - anorexia, hypoglycemia; rarely - decrease in body weight;
- Laboratory indicators: infrequently - an increase in the activity of creatine phosphokinase, aspartate aminotransferase, alanine aminotransferase, a decrease in the number of platelets; rarely - a decrease in the level of potassium in the blood, an increase in the content of creatinine and glucose in the blood, a decrease in the number of leukocytes in the blood;
- Others: often - gait disturbance, peripheral edema, drunkenness, fatigue; infrequently - chills, generalized edema, pain, asthenia, falls, thirst, chest tightness; rarely - hyperthermia.
When conducting post-marketing observations with the use of Lyrica, the following side effects were noted:
- Cardiovascular system: prolongation of the QT interval, chronic heart failure;
- Respiratory system: pulmonary edema;
- Nervous system: seizures, loss of consciousness, headache, cognitive impairment;
- Digestive system: rarely - tongue swelling, nausea, diarrhea;
- Reproductive system: gynecomastia;
- Urinary system: urinary retention;
- Organ of vision: keratitis, loss of vision;
- Allergic and dermatological reactions: rarely - pruritus, hypersensitivity reactions, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, angioedema, including facial edema;
- Others: increased fatigue.
During the use of Lyrica, in cases where an increase in body weight is observed against the background of diabetes mellitus, it may be necessary to adjust the doses of hypoglycemic drugs used.
During treatment, drowsiness and dizziness may develop, which in elderly patients can cause accidental falls and injuries. In the course of post-marketing studies, cases of loss of consciousness, confusion and cognitive impairment have also been noted.
Antiepileptic drugs (including Lyrica) can increase the risk of developing suicidal behavior or thoughts, therefore close medical supervision is necessary for patients undergoing treatment.
If signs of angioedema appear (in the form of perioral edema, facial edema or edema of the tissues of the upper respiratory tract), therapy should be interrupted.
Blurred vision and other visual disturbances usually go away without additional therapy after discontinuation of the drug.
Also, during treatment, in some cases, the development of renal failure was noted, sometimes after discontinuation of therapy, renal function was restored.
After treatment (long-term or short-term), the cancellation of Lyrica can lead to the development of the following undesirable phenomena: dizziness, depression, sweating, anxiety, headache, nausea, convulsions, insomnia, diarrhea, flu-like syndrome.
The incidence of central nervous system disorders, especially drowsiness, increases during the treatment of central neuropathic pain associated with spinal cord injury. It may also be due to the summation of the actions of Lyrica with simultaneously taken drugs (for example, antispastic drugs), which must be taken into account when treating neuropathic pain.
During therapy, encephalopathy can develop, especially in patients with concomitant diseases that can lead to its occurrence.
Due to the fact that drowsiness and dizziness may develop during the use of Lyrica, it is not recommended to drive vehicles, as well as perform other potentially dangerous types of work until the degree of the drug's effect on the patient is clarified.
Due to the fact that Lyrica is excreted unchanged in the urine, undergoes insignificant metabolism in humans, does not bind to plasma proteins, and also does not inhibit the metabolism of other drugs, the likelihood that the drug can enter into pharmacokinetic interaction is quite low.
With the simultaneous use of Lyrica with some drugs, the following effects may occur:
- Other drugs that depress the central nervous system: the development of coma and respiratory failure;
- Drugs that cause constipation (for example, non-narcotic analgesics): disruption of the gastrointestinal tract, including the occurrence of paralytic ileus, constipation, intestinal obstruction;
- Oxycodone: impairment of motor and cognitive functions;
- Lorazepam, ethanol: enhancement of their effects.
Analogs of the drug Lyrica are: Algerica, Pregabio, Pregabalin, Pregabalin-Richter.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry place out of reach of children at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Lyrics: prices in online pharmacies
Lyrica 75 mg capsules 14 pcs.
Lyrica 150 mg capsules 14 pcs.
Lyrica 75 mg capsules 56 pcs.
Lyrica 150 mg capsules 56 pcs.
Lyrica 300 mg capsules 56 pcs.
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!