Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Allergoferon, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Allergoferon
- Allergoferon price in pharmacies
- Allergoferon: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Allergoferon - Instructions For The Use Of The Gel, Price, Analogues, Reviews
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 01:36
Allergoferon: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Allergoferon
ATX code: R01AC
Active ingredient: interferon alfa-2b (Interferon alfa-2b) + loratadine (Loratadine)
Producer: LLC "Firn M" (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2020-07-05
Prices in pharmacies: from 193 rubles.
Allergoferon - a combined antiallergic drug; has antipruritic, antiexudative, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and immunomodulatory effects.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in the form of a gel for local and external use: white or white with a gray tint, has a weak specific odor (5 or 10 g each in aluminum tubes, 1 tube in a cardboard box and instructions for the use of Allergoferon).
1 g of gel contains:
- active ingredients: human recombinant interferon alpha-2b - not less than 5000 IU (international unit), loratadine - 0.01 g;
- auxiliary components: sorbic acid, carbomer, trolamine, disodium edetate dihydrate, macrogol 400, macrogol 4000, purified water.
Allergoferon is a combined antiallergic drug that has antiallergic, antihistamine, antipruritic, antiexudative, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and immunomodulatory effects.
The therapeutic effect of the gel for local and external use is due to the following properties of the active ingredients:
- interferon alpha-2b: a cytokine, has an immunomodulatory and antiviral effect;
- loratadine: is a blocker of H 1 -histamine receptors, along with the anti-inflammatory effect, it has a local antiallergic effect, reduces swelling of the mucous membranes and soft tissues, reduces burning, itching and exudation, facilitates the patency of the nasal passages and nasal breathing.
When applied topically, the concentration of the active components of the gel in the blood reaches an insignificant level, therefore it does not have a systemic effect.
Indications for use
The use of Allergoferon is indicated for the treatment of exacerbations of the following diseases:
- seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis, accompanied by symptoms such as frequent sneezing, nasal congestion, itching in the nose, discharge of watery secretions from the nose;
- seasonal and perennial allergic conjunctivitis, accompanied by symptoms such as lacrimation, itching and swelling of the eyelids, redness of the mucous membrane of the eyes.
- the period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- age up to 18 years;
- hypersensitivity to drug components.
Allergoferon, instructions for use: method and dosage
Gel Allergoferon is used externally and locally as follows: for allergic rhinitis - by applying to the mucous membrane of each nasal passage and then massaging the wings of the nose in order to evenly distribute the agent over the mucous membrane of the nasal passages; with allergic conjunctivitis - by applying to the skin of the upper and lower eyelids of each eye.
Before intranasal use of the drug, the nasal passages must be thoroughly cleaned.
- allergic rhinitis: 1 cm of gel 4 times a day;
- allergic conjunctivitis: 1 cm of gel 4 times a day.
The course of treatment is continued until the disappearance of clinical symptoms, but no more than 5-7 days without consulting a doctor. A longer period of use of the drug is indicated only as directed by a specialist. The maximum continuous course is 42 days.
If after 7 days of using the drug, the symptoms of the disease have not weakened or have not disappeared, you must stop treatment and consult a doctor.
During the period of remission (absence of symptoms) of the disease, the gel should not be used.
Against the background of the use of Allergoferon, the appearance of such undesirable phenomena as itching, sneezing, temporary impairment of smell is possible.
Symptoms of a drug overdose have not been established.
If any side effects occur, you must stop using the gel and consult a doctor.
During the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis, it is necessary to exclude the use of cosmetics.
For patients on concomitant therapy with other drugs, it is recommended to start using the drug only after consulting a doctor.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
Gel Allergoferon does not affect the ability of patients to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms. The likelihood of a decrease in the speed of attention should be taken into account while using the drug with antihistamines of systemic action, which can contribute to the development of a sedative effect.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of Allergoferon is contraindicated during gestation and breastfeeding.
The use of Allergoferon for the treatment of children under the age of 18 is contraindicated.
The simultaneous use of systemic antihistamines is allowed.
The combination with intranasal vasoconstrictor drugs is not recommended due to the fact that this leads to additional drying of the nasal mucosa.
Analogs of Allergoferon are Grippferon with loratadine, Allergodil, Oftalmoferon, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store between 2 and 8 ° C.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Allergoferon
Reviews about Allergoferon are positive. Patients point to the high effectiveness of the drug in the treatment of pollinosis, allergic reactions to animal hair.
Allergoferon price in pharmacies
The price for Allergoferon has not been established due to the lack of the drug in the pharmacy network.
Allergoferon: prices in online pharmacies
Allergoferon 5000 IU / g + 10 mg / g gel for local and external use 5 g 1 pc.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!
Adonis is a herbaceous plant from the genus of buttercups. The pharmaceutical industry produces on the basis of adonis tincture and tablets of Adonizid, which are prescribed for cardiac neurosis, vegetative vascular dystonia, etc
Instructions for use Azitrox suspension and capsules. Information on dosing for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Nicotine patch is an effective remedy for weaning from nicotine addiction
Instructions for use of Stopdiar in the form of a suspension, capsules and tablets. Information on doses for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Instructions for use Erispirus tablets and syrup. Information on the dosage for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies