Table of contents:
Video: Wart On A Finger: How To Get Rid Of It At Home, Photo
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 01:36
Warts on the fingers: home treatment
The content of the article:
- External means
- Taking folk remedies inside
- Contraindications to the use of folk remedies
- Types of warts
A favorite place for localization of warts is the fingers. A wart is a benign proliferative disease of the skin and mucous membranes, most often of a viral nature.
Finger warts are most common. Sometimes they can be dealt with at home.
Home treatment with folk remedies can be quite effective for some types of warts, however, before proceeding with it, you need to consult with a specialist regarding the nature of the neoplasm.
Home remedies can be used in two ways:
- External use to remove the lesion that has arisen (90% of all existing recipes).
- Internal use. In this case, we are talking about means that strengthen the immune system (in particular, the human papillomavirus occurs more often in people with immunodeficiency). The group of drugs used for this purpose does not have a clear focus on the elimination of warts, providing a general strengthening effect.
Home remedies for external use require long-term use for optimal results.
1. Squeeze juice from 1-2 stems of a fresh plant. Lubricate lesions with juice 3-4 times a day until the wart disappears completely. Attention! The juice is poisonous, it, like all celandine preparations, is forbidden to be taken orally.
2. Mix 5 tbsp. l. dried celandine and 300 ml of ethyl alcohol. Soak for 2 weeks. Wipe the affected area with the resulting solution 2-3 times a day. Can be used as a lotion for 20-30 minutes.
3. Pour 2 tbsp. l. dried plants 100-150 ml of boiling water. Leave for 20 minutes. Using gauze or a piece of cotton cloth, apply lotions for 10-15 minutes for 14 days.
4. Mix 3-5 stems of the plant and 200 ml of olive oil. Keep for 2 weeks in an open place, accessible to sunlight. Apply the resulting oil preparation to the warts for 10 minutes 1-2 times a day.
1. Chop 3-4 cloves of garlic and pour 100-150 ml of boiling water over them. Soak for 1 hour. With the resulting solution, wipe the warts 1-2 times a day.
2. Chop 6-8 cloves of garlic and pass the resulting gruel through one layer of gauze. Lubricate the affected area with garlic juice several times a day.
3. Mix gruel from 2-3 cloves of garlic with 20-30 g of butter. Apply the mixture to your finger for 1-2 hours a day.
4. Peel 3 cloves of garlic, add 100-150 ml of ethyl alcohol (can be exchanged for 200 ml of wine vinegar). Infuse for 2 weeks. Make compresses from the resulting solution for 7-14 days.
1. Take 1 small potato, peel and finely grate. Pass the resulting gruel through cheesecloth. Wipe the wart with potato juice 1-2 times a day. Potato cake can be used as compresses overnight on the affected area.
2. Cut 1 potato in half and wipe the affected skin with a cut (use only fresh raw materials is permissible).
1. Finely chop the onion and add 300 ml of vinegar. Leave in a dark place for 1.5-2 hours. With the resulting solution, wipe the affected area 3-4 times a day.
2. Grind 1 onion to a mushy state and apply to the affected area for 1-2 hours a day (only freshly prepared mixture).
3. Lubricate warts 2-3 times a day with fresh onion juice. It is permissible to simply rub the affected area with half an onion.
1. Grind the rose hips (20 g) and fill them with ethyl alcohol (100-150 ml). Infuse for 8-10 days. Rub the affected area with the resulting solution 2-3 times a day.
2. Grind rosehip flower petals and apply the resulting gruel to the warts 2-3 times a day.
1. Knead a few flowers of calendula and attach to the wart, fixing with a bandage or plaster for 2-3 hours.
2. 2-3 tsp pour calendula 100 ml of vodka. Insist for 7 days. Apply as compresses to warts for 2-3 hours.
3. Mix 3 tsp. calendula, 2 tsp. chamomile and 1 tsp. birch buds with 200 ml of water. Boil and keep on low heat for 10 minutes. Make lotions from the resulting solution 2-3 times a day.
|Dandelion||Lubricate the affected areas with dandelion juice 2-3 times a day.|
|Kalanchoe||Mix a few fresh leaves of the plant with 2-3 stems of aloe and pour 100 ml of vodka. Infuse for 2 weeks. Wipe the affected area 2-3 times a day (it is allowed to make lotions or use fresh leaves).|
Pour 3 tbsp. l. wormwood with 1 cup boiling water and soak for 2 hours. With the obtained practically transparent (strained) broth, wipe the warts or apply lotions 2 times a day.
|Cornflower blue||Grind the seeds of the plant and apply the powder to the warts for 2 weeks.|
1. Wipe the warts with juice from fresh berries in the summer 2-3 times a day.
2. Crush a handful of berries, pass the resulting mixture through cheesecloth and separate the juice from the cake. Apply oil cake to the warts as a compress at night.
Taking folk remedies inside
Internal methods are aimed at enhancing the immune response. Recipes for strengthening broths (teas):
- Take 2 tsp. chamomile, 3 teaspoons of calendula and 2 teaspoons of lemon balm. Pour the resulting mixture with 500 ml of water and bring to a boil. Cool and drink like regular tea several times a day for preventive purposes.
- Combine 3 tsp. tarragon, 1-2 tsp St. John's wort, 2 tsp chamomile flowers, pour boiling water, leave for 20 minutes. Drink 2-3 times a day.
- Place 50 g of white acacia flowers and 20 g of mint in a bowl and pour 500 ml of water. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Use as a substitute for tea.
Recipes for strengthening tinctures:
- Take 50 g of Echinacea purpurea and pour 0.5 liters of vodka. Keep in a dark place for 6 days. Take orally 20 drops 3 times a day half an hour before meals. The course of this therapy is 2-3 weeks.
- Pour 60-70 g of marsh cinquefoil into a half-liter dish and pour 300 ml of good vodka. Let it brew for a week, strain. Drink 1 tbsp. l. 3 times a day for 7-10 days.
Other medicinal mixtures:
- Grind and mix in a blender 150 g of walnuts, 200 g of dried apricots, 100 g of raisins and 1 lemon along with the zest, add 1 tbsp. l. honey. Take 1 tbsp. l. 1-2 times a day.
- Mix 100 g of mountain ash, 150 g of cranberries and 40 g of walnuts. Add honey 1-3 tbsp. l. and run through a blender. Consume 2 tbsp. l. a day for 2 weeks.
Contraindications to the use of folk remedies
You should refrain from using home remedies in the following cases:
- individual intolerance;
- acute infectious processes at the site of localization of the wart (furuncle, felon);
- the period of pregnancy and lactation (especially for oral administration).
Care must be taken when using oral medications in people with ulcers or erosive gastritis, because of the existing risk of complications in the course of the disease.
If warts sprout up constantly on different parts of the body, you need to contact an immunologist.
Traditional methods of treatment can improve the patient's condition and eliminate the external manifestation of the disease. But in the absence of proper medication and other classical treatments (cryodestruction, laser removal), warts very often recur.
The most popular remedy for warts is celandine juice, but care must be taken not to accidentally get inside.
Types of warts
Before starting treatment, it is required to establish the exact nature of the neoplasm and the cause that caused it, since there is an outward resemblance of typical warts with skin oncological diseases that require a special approach.
|Human papillomavirus (HPV) warts||Typical classic warty formations that appear on the skin of the hands and have an infectious origin. You can get rid of them both with the help of classical and folk methods.|
|Caused by molluscum contagiosum||On the back of the hands and fingers rarely occur (typical localization on the body and in the perineum). As a rule, there are several formations closely located to each other. It is allowed to use traditional methods of therapy.|
|Epidermal verrucous nevus||It is dark brown in color and protrudes significantly above the skin surface. It exists from birth. Treat only with surgical methods (surgical removal, laser surgery).|
The growth is conical in shape, large in size and penetrates into the deep layers of the skin (the superficial and deep vascular network is damaged). The occurrence is possible at different ages (in an adult, the risk of occurrence is greater than in a child). Both traditional and folk methods of treatment are allowed to use.
|Basalioma (malignant tumor of the skin)||Single education, more often occurs in the elderly. Around the central formation there is a typical ridge of nodules. In the center there is an impression, covered with a crust (an ulcer occurs when removed). Treatment only by means of official medicine (mainly surgical), folk remedies are categorically contraindicated.|
In the photo, warts look different, depending on their appearance, they are distinguished as follows:
|Vulgar||Multiple, small diameter (0.2–0.5 cm), can be covered with papillomatous growths, grow on the back of the hand and phalanges of the fingers.|
|Palmar-plantar||Multiple, dense, are round papules and plaques, occur on the palms and soles of the feet, at the same level with the skin, are injured and become painful.|
|Mosaic||Multiple diffuse foci of keratosis appear on the skin of the palms and feet.|
|Cystic||Isolated, when opened, a white-yellow curdled content is released, appear on the pressing surface of the foot and on the toes.|
|Flat||Small (up to 0.3 cm), located on the same level with the skin, the skin over the formation of a normal color, appear on the back of the hand, forearms and face.|
|Filiform||Thin horny outgrowths like papillomas, multiple, hands and face are involved.|
|Butcher's warts||They resemble cauliflower, multiple, occur on the phalanges and pads of the fingers (especially the little finger and thumb), are typical for people who, due to professional necessity, are constantly in contact with meat.|
Multiple, combined with spots of different diameters, occur on the back of the hand, forearms, and lower legs.
Are the result of an autoimmune process.
Despite the presence of the favorite places of localization of each type, they can all appear on any part of the skin, including on the fingers.
We offer for viewing a video on the topic of the article:
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Found a mistake in the text? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter.
Runny nose, swelling of the nose, itching, watery eyes are typical symptoms of allergic rhinitis resulting from the ingress of allergens (pollen, house dust, animal hair, etc.) on the nasal mucosa. How to get rid of unwanted companions of the disease if there are no antiallergic drugs at hand?
Papillomas on the body appear as an external sign of infection with the human papillomavirus. External manifestations are variable. Treatment is conservative and destructive
Toe warts are common. For treatment, folk remedies, medications (keratolytic, antiviral) are used
Heel warts are a common skin infection. viral origin. External manifestations are variable. Treatment with alternative methods is allowed
Hernia under the eyes is a pathology that in most cases does not pose a health hazard, but can worsen a person's appearance