Table of contents:
- Rinikold HotMix
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Rinikold HotMix, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- For violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews of Rinikold HotMix
- Price for Rinikold HotMix in pharmacies
- Rinikold HotMix: prices in online pharmacies
Rinikold HotMix: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. For violations of liver function
- 13. Drug interactions
- 14. Analogs
- 15. Terms and conditions of storage
- 16. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 17. Reviews
- 18. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Rinicold HotMix
ATX code: N02BE71
Active ingredient: caffeine (Caffeine) + paracetamol (Paracetamol) + phenylephrine (Phenylephrine) + pheniramine (Phenylephrine)
Manufacturer: Shreya Life Science Pvt. Ltd. (Shreya Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.) (India)
Description and photo update: 12.12.2019
Prices in pharmacies: from 80 rubles.
Rinikold HotMix is a combined drug for the symptomatic treatment of acute respiratory diseases (ARI).
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in the form of a powder for preparing a solution for oral administration (pineapple, orange, lemon): pineapple - loose, pale yellow with white splashes, the prepared solution is green-yellow with a pineapple smell; orange - free-flowing, almost white with a pink tint, with white blotches, the prepared solution is orange with the smell of orange; lemon - loose, almost white with a yellow tint, with white blotches, the prepared solution is yellow with a slight green tint and opalescence, with a lemon scent [5 g in a sachet (sachet) of three-layer material, in a cardboard box 1, 5, 10 or 50 sachets (sachets) and instructions for use of Rinikolda HotMix].
5 g of powder (1 sachet / sachet) contains:
- active ingredients: phenylephrine hydrochloride - 10 mg, pheniramine maleate - 20 mg, caffeine - 30 mg, paracetamol - 750 mg;
- additional components: citric acid anhydrous, sodium chloride, lactose anhydrous, sodium citrate anhydrous, mannitol, aspartame, disodium edetate, quinoline yellow dye (pineapple and lemon), sunset yellow (orange) dye, pineapple / orange / lime flavor.
The therapeutic effect of Rinikold HotMix is due to the action of its active substances:
- pheniramine: exhibits antiallergic effect - relieves itching of the eyes, throat and nose, hyperemia and swelling of the mucous membranes of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses and nasopharynx, weakens exudative manifestations;
- paracetamol: has an antipyretic and analgesic effect - it reduces the headache that occurs against the background of colds, pain in muscles and joints, sore throat, and also lowers high body temperature;
- phenylephrine: exhibits a vasoconstrictor effect - reduces edema and hyperemia of the paranasal sinuses and mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract;
- caffeine: has a stimulating effect on the central nervous system (CNS), which reduces drowsiness and fatigue, and enhances physical and mental performance.
Indications for use
Rinikold HotMix is recommended for the symptomatic treatment of colds and acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI), including influenza (rhinorrhea, febrile and pain syndrome).
- age up to 15 years;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- combination therapy with other drugs containing active substances included in the preparation;
- combined intake with tricyclic antidepressants, β-blockers, monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors, as well as a period within 2 weeks after their cancellation;
- hypersensitivity to any of the constituents of Rinikold HotMix powder.
Relative (drug treatment should be carried out with caution):
- arterial hypertension;
- severe atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries;
- hepatic and / or renal failure;
- hereditary disorders of sugar absorption and diabetes mellitus;
- hyperplasia of the prostate;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- bronchial asthma;
- congenital hyperbilirubinemia (Gilbert, Rotor and Dubin-Johnson syndromes);
- deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- angle-closure glaucoma.
Rinikold HotMix, instructions for use: method and dosage
The drug is taken orally.
Rinikold HotMix powder from 1 sachet (sachet) should be poured into a glass, filled with hot water and stirred until completely dissolved. You can add honey or sugar to the resulting solution. It is necessary to take the remedy 1-2 hours after a meal with plenty of liquid.
It is recommended for adolescents over 15 years of age and adults to use 1 sachet 3-4 times a day with intervals between doses of 4-6 hours. The maximum daily dose is no more than 4 sachets.
Without the appointment and supervision of a doctor, it is not recommended to use Rinikold HotMix as an anesthetic for more than 5 days, and as an antipyretic - for more than 3 days.
Increasing the daily dose of the drug or the duration of treatment is allowed only under the supervision of a specialist. Do not exceed the recommended dose. If an overdose is suspected, an urgent visit to a doctor is required, even if you feel well.
- digestive system: dry mouth, nausea, epigastric pain, vomiting, hepatotoxic effect;
- cardiovascular system: increased blood pressure (BP), tachycardia;
- nervous system: hyperexcitability, sleep disturbance, dizziness;
- hematopoietic organs: thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis;
- sense organs: mydriasis, increased intraocular pressure (IOP), paresis of accommodation;
- allergic reactions: itching, skin rash, urticaria, angioedema;
- others: urinary retention, bronchospasm.
An overdose of Rinikold HotMix is mainly due to paracetamol and is detected after taking this substance in a dose exceeding 10-15 g.
Overdose symptoms include pallor of the skin, nausea, anorexia, vomiting, increased prothrombin time, increased activity of hepatic transaminases. If such effects appear, you should immediately consult a doctor. In this case, gastric lavage with further intake of activated carbon is shown, as well as the appointment of symptomatic therapy. 8-9 hours after the overdose, methionine is administered, and 12 hours later - N-acetylcysteine.
If the patient is receiving treatment with drugs such as domperidone, cholestyramine, metoclopramide, anticoagulants (warfarin), you should consult your doctor before taking Rinikold HotMix.
During the period of therapy, it is necessary to refrain from drinking alcohol, taking anxiolytic (tranquilizers) and sleeping pills, as well as drugs containing paracetamol.
If the symptoms of the disease cannot be eliminated within 3-5 days, you should consult a specialist.
Patients with a tendency to chronic alcohol use should not take paracetamol due to the threat of toxic liver damage.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
During treatment, care should be taken when driving vehicles and operating other complex equipment.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Treatment with Rinikold HotMix is contraindicated for pregnant and lactating women.
Patients under 15 years of age should not take the drug.
With impaired renal function
In the presence of renal failure, taking Rinikold HotMix must be carried out with caution.
For violations of liver function
In the presence of liver failure, the drug should be taken with caution.
- antipsychotics, antidepressants, phenothiazine derivatives, antiparkinsonian drugs: the risk of dry mouth, urinary retention, constipation is aggravated;
- sedatives, MAO inhibitors, ethanol: the effects of these drugs are enhanced;
- uricosuric drugs: the effectiveness of these drugs decreases under the influence of paracetamol;
- chlorpheniramine: the threat of the development of excitement, hypertensive crisis, hyperpyrexia increases against the background of combined administration with furazolidone, MAO inhibitors;
- guanethidine: the hypotensive effect of this substance decreases when combined with phenylephrine, and the alpha-adrenostimulating effect of the latter also increases;
- halothane: increased likelihood of ventricular arrhythmias;
- tricyclic antidepressants: the sympathomimetic effect of phenylephrine increases;
- glucocorticosteroids: the risk of developing glaucoma is aggravated;
- barbiturates, diphenin, rifampicin, carbamazepine and other inducers of microsomal liver enzymes: the threat of the hepatotoxic effect of paracetamol increases.
Analogs of Rinikold HotMix are AntiFlu, Gripand HotActive Max, Gripand HotActive, Influnet, Coldact FLU Plus, Coldrex with vitamin C, Coldrex HotRem, Maxikold Rino, Neoflu 750, Rinikold, Feniprex-S, Flucoldex-S, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store out of the reach of children, protected from moisture, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews of Rinikold HotMix
According to the reviews about Rinikold HotMix found on medical sites, the drug quickly and effectively relieves the symptoms of colds and SARS, not inferior in effectiveness to its more expensive counterparts. Many patients note that after several doses of the drug per day, nasal breathing is significantly facilitated, body temperature decreases, sore throat is eliminated, pain in muscles and joints, and headache are relieved. Some patients, however, believe that Rinikold HotMix helps only if it is used immediately after the first signs of acute respiratory infections appear, and in case of advanced diseases, taking the drug is inappropriate.
The disadvantages of Rinikold HotMix include its unpleasant medicinal taste, the presence of contraindications and side effects. Sometimes there are complaints about the lack of improvement in the condition after a full course of drug therapy.
Price for Rinikold HotMix in pharmacies
The price of Rinikold HotMix, a powder for preparing a solution for oral administration (orange / lemon / pineapple), averages 115–130 rubles. for a package with 5 sachets and 190-210 rubles. per pack with 10 sachets of 5 g.
Rinikold HotMix: prices in online pharmacies
Rinikold HotMix powder for solution for oral administration pineapple 5 g 5 pcs.
Rinikold HotMix powder for oral solution with orange flavor 5 g 5 pcs.
Rinikold HotMix powder for prig solution for internal approx. orange 5g 5 pcs.
Rinikold HotMix powder for prig solution for internal approx. lemon 5g 5 pcs.
Rinikold HotMix powder for solution for oral administration lemon 5 g 5 pcs.
Rinikold Hotmix powder for prigot. solution for internal approx. pack. 5 pieces.
Rinikold HotMix powder for oral solution with orange flavor 5 g 10 pcs.
Rinikold HotMix powder for solution for oral administration lemon 5 g 10 pcs.
Rinikold HotMix powder for solution for oral administration pineapple 5 g 10 pcs.
Rinikold HotMix powder for prig solution for internal approx. pineapple 5g 10 pcs.
Rinikold HotMix powder for prig solution for internal approx. orange 5g 10 pcs.
Rinikold HotMix powder for prig solution for internal approx. lemon 5g 10 pcs.
|See all offers from pharmacies|
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!