Table of contents:
- Corvalol Forte
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Corvalol Forte, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- For violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews of Corvalole Forte
- Price for Corvalol Forte in pharmacies
- Corvalol Forte: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Corvalol Forte - Instructions For The Use Of Tablets, Reviews, Price, Composition
Corvalol Forte: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. For violations of liver function
- 13. Drug interactions
- 14. Analogs
- 15. Terms and conditions of storage
- 16. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 17. Reviews
- 18. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Corvalol Forte
ATX code: N05CB02; N05CM
Active ingredient: phenobarbital (Phenobarbital), peppermint leaves oil (Menthae piperitae foliorum oleum), ethylbromisovalerianate (Ethylbromisovalerinate)
Manufacturer: PJSC "Farmak" (Ukraine)
Description and photo update: 2019-12-07
Prices in pharmacies: from 100 rubles.
Corvalol Forte is a combined drug with sedative and antispasmodic effects.
Release form and composition
Corvalol Forte is produced in tablets: white, round, biconvex (10 pcs in a blister, in a cardboard box of 1, 3 or 5 blisters and instructions for using Corvalol Forte).
1 tablet contains:
- active ingredients: phenobarbital - 11.34 mg; peppermint leaves oil - 0.88 mg; ethyl bromisovalerianate (ethyl ester of alpha-bromisovaleric acid) - 12.42 mg;
- auxiliary components: lactose monohydrate, acesulfame potassium, betadex (beta-cyclodextrin), magnesium stearate.
Corvalol Forte is a combined drug that has a sedative, antispasmodic effect, facilitates the onset of natural sleep.
The mechanism of action is due to the following properties of the active ingredients in Corvalol Forte:
- phenobarbital: having a muscle relaxant, hypnotic, antispasmodic, in low doses - a sedative effect, phenobarbital provides a decrease in the excitation of the central nervous system (central nervous system) and an increase in the sedative effect of other active components of the drug, facilitates the onset of sleep;
- ethyl bromisovalerianate: its spasmolytic effect is associated with a decrease in reflex excitability in the neutral parts of the nervous system and the activity of central vasomotor centers, increased inhibition in the subcortical structures and neurons of the cerebral cortex. It has a direct local spasmolytic effect on smooth muscles, mainly irritating the receptors of the oral cavity and nasopharynx. Shows sedative activity;
- peppermint leaf oil: has antispasmodic, vasodilating, mild choleretic and antiseptic effects, which are due to the ability to irritate the cold receptors of the oral mucosa and have a reflex vasodilating effect mainly on the vessels of the heart and brain. By irritating the receptors of the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract, peppermint leaf oil eliminates the phenomena of flatulence and potentiates intestinal peristalsis.
After oral administration, absorption of phenobarbital occurs slowly and completely. Its maximum concentration in blood plasma is reached after 1–2 hours. Plasma protein binding - 50%. The substance crosses the placental barrier and enters breast milk.
Phenobarbital is metabolized in the liver. As an inducer of liver microsomal isoenzymes CYP3A4, CYP3A5 and CYP3A7, it increases the rate of enzymatic reactions by 10–12 times. The half-life is 48–96 hours. Accumulates in the body. About 25% of phenobarbital is excreted through the kidneys unchanged, the rest is in the form of glucuronide.
Indications for use
The use of Corvalol Forte is indicated as a sedative and vasodilator for the symptomatic treatment of the following functional disorders of the cardiovascular system: increased blood pressure (BP), cardialgia and sinus tachycardia, impaired sleep (insomnia), autonomic lability, neurotic conditions, irritability, hypochondriac syndrome.
As an antispasmodic agent, Corvalol Forte is prescribed for spasms of the muscles of the gastrointestinal tract (intestinal or biliary colic).
- severe renal dysfunction;
- severe liver dysfunction, hepatic porphyria;
- lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome, lactase deficiency;
- the period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- age up to 18 years;
- hypersensitivity to the components in Corvalol Forte.
With caution, only after consulting a doctor, the drug should be used in patients with mild to moderate renal and / or liver dysfunction.
Corvalol Forte, instructions for use: method and dosage
Corvalol Forte tablets are taken orally, before meals, with plenty of water.
The dose and duration of the course of treatment is determined by the doctor individually.
Recommended dosage: adult patients 1 pc. 2 times a day.
When treating tachycardia, a single dose can be increased to 2 pcs. The maximum daily dose is 4 pcs.
Against the background of the use of Corvalol Forte, the development of allergic reactions and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract is possible. The action of the drug can slow down the heart rate, cause drowsiness, dizziness, and reduce concentration. The appearance of these effects is the basis for reducing the dose or discontinuing the drug.
With long-term continuous use of the drug, there is a risk of drug dependence, addiction or withdrawal syndrome. In addition, it should be borne in mind that the results of the accumulation of bromine in the body can be: depressive mood, apathy, conjunctivitis, rhinitis, hemorrhagic diathesis, impaired coordination of movements.
Symptoms: a decrease in blood pressure, depression of the central nervous system, weakness, nystagmus, dizziness, agitation, ataxia, as well as the manifestation of such signs of chronic bromine intoxication as rhinitis, conjunctivitis, apathy, hemorrhagic diathesis, depression, impaired coordination of movements.
Treatment: immediate gastric lavage. Appointment of symptomatic therapy, in the presence of signs of CNS depression, the use of caffeine, niketamide. Stop taking Corvalol Forte.
In the presence of impaired renal and / or liver function, the drug can be taken only on the recommendation of a doctor.
It is contraindicated to simultaneously consume alcohol or ethanol-containing agents.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
After taking Corvalol Forte, patients are advised to refrain from potentially hazardous activities, the performance of which requires an increased concentration of attention or a high speed of psychomotor reactions, including driving and driving complex mechanisms.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of Corvalol Forte is contraindicated during gestation and lactation.
Phenobarbital has a teratogenic effect, negatively affects both the formation of the central nervous system of the fetus and its functioning in the newborn.
If necessary, use of the drug during lactation should stop breastfeeding.
Due to the unknown efficacy and safety of the drug in children and adolescents, it is contraindicated to prescribe Corvalol Forte for the treatment of patients under the age of 18 years.
With impaired renal function
The use of Corvalol Forte is contraindicated in severe renal dysfunction.
The tablets should be taken with caution in patients with mild to moderate renal impairment.
For violations of liver function
The use of Corvalol Forte is contraindicated in severe liver dysfunction and hepatic porphyria.
Caution should be exercised in patients with mild to moderate hepatic impairment.
The action of Corvalol Forte is enhanced when combined with drugs that cause central nervous system depression, and valproic acid.
The use of the drug enhances the effect of analgesic, hypnotic and local anesthetic drugs, and also potentiates the toxicity of methotrexate.
Due to the simultaneous use with Corvalol Forte, it is possible to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of those drugs that are metabolized in the liver (including glucocorticosteroids, oral contraceptives, coumarin derivatives, griseofulvin).
The analogues of Corvalol Forte are: Corvalol, Valerian extract, Sodium bromide, Peony evading tincture, Motherwort extract, Motherwort tincture, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C in a dark place.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews of Corvalole Forte
There are no reviews about Corvalol Forte.
Price for Corvalol Forte in pharmacies
The price of Corvalol Forte for a pack containing 30 tablets can range from 142 rubles.
Corvalol Forte: prices in online pharmacies
Corvalol Forte tablets 30 pcs.
Corvalol Forte tablets 30 pcs.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!