Table of contents:
- Evening primrose oil
- Composition, characteristics of the main components
- Application, side effects, contraindications
- Patient reviews, recommendations for use
Video: Evening Primrose Oil - Instructions For Use, Reviews, Indications
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-06-04 23:24
Evening primrose oil
Instructions for use:
- 1. Composition, characteristics of the main components
- 2. Application, side effects, contraindications
- 3. Feedback from patients, recommendations for use
Evening primrose oil is a biologically active additive used as an additional source of polyunsaturated acids, vitamin E. Currently, the drug has also found wide application in the complex therapy of gynecological diseases, in cosmetology, and hair treatment.
Composition, characteristics of the main components
Evening primrose oil is produced by cold pressing the seeds of evening primrose, which belongs to the genus of the Cyprian family. The oil contains vitamin E, fatty acids, gamma-linolenic acid.
Vitamin E (tocopherol) regulates reproductive function, is a powerful antioxidant and immunomodulator. Vitamin is not synthesized or stored in the body. The main sources of vitamin E for the body are food. An imbalance in the vitamin leads to impairment of many functions.
The main properties of vitamin E are:
- By protecting erythrocytes, it improves oxygen transport to tissues and organs;
- Protects cell membranes from oxidative damage;
- Prevents blood clots;
- Regulates the functioning of the reproductive system (normalizes sperm production, compensates for estrogen deficiency in the female body);
- Rejuvenating effect on the skin;
- Normalization of the condition of nails and hair;
- Promotes cell division and growth (prescribed during pregnancy).
Regular intake of evening primrose oil in capsules replenishes the daily intake of vitamin E for the body.
Gamma-linolenic acid in evening primrose oil is a polyunsaturated fatty acid of the omega-6 series, which has membrane-protective, anti-atherosclerotic, angioprotective, immunomodulatory, analgesic, anti-inflammatory effects. This acid regulates the function of the adrenal glands and gonads, normalizes the rheological properties of the blood, promotes the speedy regeneration of tissues in case of mechanical injuries, and the rapid healing of ulcers. Gamma-linolenic acid activates brain metabolism.
Gamma linolenic acid is not synthesized in the body. However, it takes part in the synthesis of prostaglandins - physiologically active lipid substances that regulate vital functions in the body (normalization of gastric secretion, contraction of the uterus during pregnancy, stimulation of contraction of smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, and others).
GLA is necessary for hypoglycemia, diabetes mellitus, and is also used in the treatment of diseases and correction of the following conditions:
- Hypertension, ischemic heart disease;
- Rehabilitation processes after transferred viral and bacteriological infections;
- Joint therapy (arthritis, arthrosis);
- Female frigidity, menstrual irregularities;
- Correction of disorders of the central nervous system, accompanied by a decrease in the level of mental energy, intellectual functions;
- Depressive states, chronic fatigue syndrome, apathy, irritability;
- Migraines of unknown origin;
- Prevention of oncological diseases;
- Normalization of the general condition after surgical interventions.
Evening primrose oil capsules contain enough gamma-linolenic acid to replenish its balance in the body.
Due to its unique composition, evening primrose oil is an alternative source of polyunsaturated acids and vitamin E for a therapeutic effect.
Application, side effects, contraindications
Evening primrose oil has unique properties due to its high content of vitamins and acids. Evening primrose seed oil is not used as a medicinal product, but it is recommended for use as a dietary supplement.
Evening primrose oil, the use of which is not limited (practically has no contraindications), is used for:
- Relief of symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, climacteric disorders (the active substances of the oil normalize the hormonal balance in the woman's body, participating in the synthesis of sex hormones, prevent inflammation, the development of endometriosis);
- Relief of the symptoms of male menopause associated with a decrease in the production of sex hormones;
- Normalization of the reproductive function of the body;
- Depression therapy;
- Treatment of skin diseases (eczema, allergic);
- Normalization of metabolic processes;
- Normalization of the gastrointestinal tract function;
- Increasing the protective functions of the body;
- Normalization of the condition of the skin, nails, hair.
The main contraindication for the use of evening primrose oil is individual intolerance to the components of the drug. However, allergic reactions are extremely rare.
Evening primrose oil, the use of which must be agreed with the attending physician, is a safe preparation.
For ease of use, evening primrose oil is available in gelatin capsules of 500 mg, as well as in an oil solution, which is more convenient to use for cosmetic procedures.
Some sources point to the effectiveness of evening primrose oil in the treatment of malignant and benign neoplasms, but there is no scientific evidence for this fact.
Evening primrose oil is often used for a tonic effect, to prevent cardiovascular diseases, and to normalize blood pressure. To date, the entire range of medicinal properties of the drug is still unexplored.
Evening primrose oil is applied 1-2 capsules 2 times a day for 4 weeks. The main side effects can occur if the permissible dosage is exceeded. Side effects are determined by the reaction of the gastrointestinal tract to the drug: nausea, heartburn, pain in the stomach and intestines, frustration. In rare cases, vomiting opens. If you find allergic reactions or side effects, you should immediately stop taking the drug and seek qualified help.
Patient reviews, recommendations for use
Evening primrose oil is used for both prophylactic and therapeutic purposes. This dietary supplement is effective and safe, allowed for children from 12 years old. The drug has practically no contraindications. However, evening primrose oil is positioned by some patients as a useless food additive that does not have any effect. This fact is explained by the fact that with normal functioning of the body, the drug provides general strengthening support, it is almost impossible to feel its effect. Evening primrose oil, reviews of which speak of the effectiveness of the drug, helps to normalize metabolic processes. Many patients report significant weight loss. Women note an easy course of menstruation without pain, the absence of premenstrual syndrome and mood swings, and the normalization of hormonal levels. Many women take a drug to relieve menopause symptoms. Long-term intake of oil has a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin, hair, nails.
The dietary supplement is used in complex therapy as a strengthening and auxiliary agent, but cannot be used alone.
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!