Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of RektAktiv: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about RektAktiv
- Price for RectActive in pharmacies
- RektAktiv: prices in online pharmacies
Video: RektAktiv - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews, Analogues
RektAktiv: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Drug interactions
- 11. Analogs
- 12. Terms and conditions of storage
- 13. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 14. Reviews
- 15. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: RectAktiv
ATX code: A06AX
Active ingredient: escin (aescine)
Producer: Altpharm LLC (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2018-17-05
Prices in pharmacies: from 283 rubles.
RectActive is a herbal laxative.
Release form and composition
Dosage form of the drug RectActive - rectal suppositories: torpedo-like form, light brown (for a dosage of 50 mg) or brown (for a dosage of 100 mg) interspersed with dark brown color (1 or 5 suppositories in a blister strip, 1 pack with 1 suppository in a cardboard insert, in a cardboard box 2 inserts, or 1 or 2 packs of 5 suppositories in a cardboard box).
Composition of 1 suppository:
- active substance: dry extract of horse chestnut fruits containing 20% of the total triterpene saponins in terms of escin - 50 or 100 mg;
- auxiliary components: fatty acids of glycerides (Witepsol H 15, solid fat).
The triterpene saponin escin, which is part of the drug, stimulates the interoreceptors of the rectal mucosa, which causes rapid evacuation of feces due to increased peristalsis. The effect of the drug is achieved in 5-15 minutes, then the urge to defecate stops. RectActive does not have a stretching effect on the rectum, but, on the contrary, strengthens its smooth muscles. In case of regular use, the drug normalizes the biorhythm of defecation and restores the defecation reflex.
The drug does not affect metabolic processes in the body, since when administered rectally, it does not have time to enter the bloodstream.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, RectActive is indicated for the following types of constipation:
- caused by a sedentary state;
- associated with a decrease in the sensitivity of the receptor apparatus of the rectum and a violation of the biorhythm of defecation.
- intestinal obstruction;
- hemorrhoids (acute);
- spastic constipation;
- proctitis and paraproctitis (acute);
- acute inflammatory diseases of the abdominal organs;
- tumors, cracks in the rectum;
- increased sensitivity to the components of the drug.
Instructions for the use of RektAktiv: method and dosage
RectActive suppositories are injected into the rectum 1 time per day. After 5-15 minutes, the act of defecation begins.
To get the suppository out of the package, separate it from the blister strip along the notch, and then, separating the edges of the tape, pull them in different directions. Suppositories are injected into the anus with a pointed end (bending over, squatting or lying on your side and curling your legs) as deep as possible.
The recommended dosage for adults: 50-100 mg once a day, the maximum single / daily dose is 300 mg.
The use of the drug for more than 30 days is possible only as directed by a doctor.
Perhaps a short burning sensation in the rectum, in some cases - allergic reactions.
RectActive overdose symptoms: irritation of the rectal mucosa, sometimes pain in the rectal area.
It is recommended to consult a doctor before use.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of the drug RektAktiv during pregnancy and lactation is possible only if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the possible risk to the fetus or child.
There is no information on interactions with other medicinal products.
There is no information about RektAktiv's analogues.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store away from light, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The shelf life is 22 months.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about RektAktiv
Reviews about RektAktiv online are mostly positive. Among the advantages of the drug are its effectiveness in cleansing the body, the absence of addiction and pain when using it, the small size of the suppositories. The high price is called the disadvantages.
Price for RectActive in pharmacies
The approximate price for RectActive in pharmacies is 450 rubles. for 10 suppositories.
RektAktiv: prices in online pharmacies
Rektaktiv suppositories rectal. 100mg 5 pcs.
RectActive 100 mg rectal suppositories 5 pcs.
RectActive 100 mg rectal suppositories 10 pcs.
Rektaktiv suppositories rectal. 100mg 10 pcs.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!