Table of contents:
- Cavinton forte
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Cavinton forte: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- For violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Cavinton Fort
- Price for Cavinton forte in pharmacies
- Cavinton forte: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Cavinton Forte - Instructions For Use Of Tablets 10 Mg, Price, Reviews
Cavinton forte: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. For violations of liver function
- 13. Drug interactions
- 14. Analogs
- 15. Terms and conditions of storage
- 16. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 17. Reviews
- 18. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Cavinton forte
ATX code: N06BX18
Active ingredient: vinpocetine (vinpocetine)
Manufacturer: Gedeon Richter-RUS, CJSC (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2018-21-11
Prices in pharmacies: from 140 rubles.
Cavinton forte is a drug that improves blood circulation and brain metabolism.
Release form and composition
Cavinton forte is produced in the form of tablets: flat, round, almost white or white, with the inscription "10 mg" and a chamfer on one side, a line on the other (15 pcs. In a blister, 2 or 6 blisters in a cardboard box).
Composition of 1 tablet:
- active substance: vinpocetine - 10 mg;
- additional components: corn starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose monohydrate, talc, magnesium stearate.
Cavinton forte is a cerebrovasodilating agent that improves brain metabolism and increases the consumption of glucose and oxygen by the tissue. Vinpocetine - the active ingredient of the drug, provides an increase in the resistance of neurons to hypoxia by enhancing the transport of glucose through the blood-brain barrier (BBB) to the brain. The agent promotes the implementation of the glucose breakdown process along an energetically more economical, aerobic pathway, selectively inhibits Ca 2+ / dependent phosphodiesterase (PDE), and leads to an increase in the level of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) and adenosine monophosphate (AMP) in the brain.
Vinpocetine promotes an increase in the concentration of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and the ratio of ATP to AMP in the brain tissues, and also enhances the exchange of norepinephrine and serotonin. It activates the ascending branch of the noradrenergic system, demonstrates an antioxidant effect. Due to the action of the drug, platelet aggregation and increased blood viscosity decrease, the deforming effect of erythrocytes increases and the utilization of adenosine by erythrocytes is blocked. Vinpocetine enhances the neuroprotective effect of adenosine and increases the release of oxygen by erythrocytes.
Cavinton forte leads to an increase in cerebral blood flow and a decrease in vascular resistance of the brain, without significantly affecting such indicators of systemic circulation as heart rate (HR), arterial pressure (BP), minute volume, general peripheral resistance. Vinpocetine not only does not cause the stealing effect, but also improves blood flow, mainly in ischemic brain areas with low perfusion.
The maximum concentration (Cmax) of vinpocetine in blood plasma is observed 1 hour after oral administration. The agent is absorbed mainly in the proximal parts of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT). Passing through the intestinal wall is not metabolized. In tissues, Cmax of the drug is observed 2-4 hours after oral administration, bioavailability is approximately 7%.
Against the background of repeated doses at a dose of 5 and 10 mg, the active substance demonstrates linear kinetics, the connection with plasma proteins is 66%. Cavinton forte crosses the placental barrier. The clearance of the drug - 66.7 l / h exceeds the plasma volume of the liver (50 l / h), which is evidence of the course of its metabolism outside the liver. The half-life is 4.83 ± 1.29 hours, the agent is excreted with feces and urine in a ratio of 2: 3.
Indications for use
- neurology - symptoms of mental and neurological disorders (in order to reduce the severity) against the background of various forms of circulatory insufficiency of the brain, which include the consequences of a stroke, the recovery stage of hemorrhagic stroke, conditions after ischemic stroke, transient ischemic attack, atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels, vertebrobasilar insufficiency, vascular dementia, post-traumatic and hypertensive encephalopathy;
- ophthalmology - chronic vascular pathologies of the organ of vision: lesions of the retina and choroid;
- otorhinolaryngology - idiopathic tinnitus, perceptual hearing loss, Meniere's disease.
- hemorrhagic stroke in the acute period;
- severe coronary artery disease;
- severe arrhythmias;
- age up to 18 years;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- hypersensitivity to any of the constituents of Cavinton forte.
Instructions for the use of Cavinton forte: method and dosage
Cavinton forte is taken orally, it is recommended to take the tablets after meals. The duration of treatment and dosage is determined by the attending physician.
The average daily dose is 5-10 mg 3 times a day. The initial daily dose is no more than 15 mg, the maximum allowable dose is 30 mg per day.
The therapeutic effect is observed approximately 7 days after the start of the course of treatment. It takes 3 months to achieve the full clinical effect of the drug.
Against the background of the use of the tool, in rare cases, the following violations were noted:
- nervous system: increased drowsiness / insomnia, headache, dizziness, general weakness (these effects can also refer to manifestations of the underlying disease), increased sweating;
- cardiovascular system: changes in the electrocardiogram (ECG), manifested by lengthening of the QT interval, depression of the ST segment; extrasystole, tachycardia (at the same time, the causal relationship of the appearance of these reactions with taking the drug has not been proven, since in the natural population they are noted with the same frequency), a feeling of hot flashes, lability of blood pressure;
- allergic reactions: urticaria, skin rash;
- digestive system: nausea, dry mouth, heartburn.
Information on overdose with vinpocetine is currently limited. If this condition is suspected, it is recommended to perform a gastric lavage procedure, take activated carbon, and symptomatic therapy.
Patients with prolonged QT interval syndrome on the background of concomitant use of drugs leading to prolongation of the QT interval should be monitored periodically by ECG.
In the presence of lactose intolerance, it is required to take into account that one Cavinton Forte 10 mg tablet contains 83 mg of lactose monohydrate.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
Data on the effect of Cavinton Forte on the ability to drive and other complex mechanisms have not been provided.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, taking Cavinton Forte is contraindicated, since Vinpocetine crosses the placenta. It has been found that the level of the active substance in the placenta and in the blood of the fetus is lower than in the blood of the mother. When using high doses, placental bleeding and spontaneous abortions may occur, presumably due to increased placental blood supply.
For 60 minutes, 0.25% of the dose taken is excreted in breast milk, and therefore, during lactation, if necessary, use the drug requires stopping breastfeeding.
According to the instructions, Cavinton forte is contraindicated in patients under 18 years of age due to the lack of data confirming the effectiveness and safety of use in this age group of patients.
With impaired renal function
In the presence of kidney disease, Cavinton Forte is prescribed in the usual dose, since even with long courses of therapy, there is no accumulation of the drug.
For violations of liver function
Patients with functional disorders of the liver do not require individual dose selection.
- imipramine, hydrochlorothiazide, acenocoumarol, digoxin, glibenclamide, clopamide, beta-blockers (pindolol, chloranolol): no interaction noted;
- methyldopa: an increase in the hypotensive effect is possible (with this combination, systematic monitoring of blood pressure is required);
- drugs of anticoagulant, antiarrhythmic and central action: caution should be exercised with these combinations.
Analogues of Cavinton forte are: Vinpocetine forte, Vero-Vinpocetine, Vinpocetin-OBL, Vinpocetin-Sar, Bravinton, Vinpocetin-SZ, Vinpocetin Stada, Vinpocetin-AKOS, Vinpocetin, Cavinton Comfort, Vinpocetin-Ecosavs
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a place protected from light, out of reach of children, at a temperature of 15-30 ° C.
The shelf life is 5 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Cavinton Fort
Reviews of Cavinton Fort are overwhelmingly positive, patients note significant improvements after a full course of treatment with this remedy. According to many reviews, the drug effectively helps in the treatment of neurological or mental disorders caused by insufficient cerebral circulation. It relieves headaches, dizziness, tinnitus, normalizes blood pressure, improves memory, sleep quality and general well-being. To reduce possible adverse reactions, almost all patients recommend starting the course with the lowest effective doses.
At the same time, there are reviews that indicate a complete lack of effect when using the drug. The disadvantages of the remedy also include the development of side effects, the most frequent of which are nausea, dry mouth, impaired appetite, drowsiness, lethargy, decreased blood pressure, increased heart rate, headache.
Price for Cavinton forte in pharmacies
The price for Cavinton Forte 10 mg can be approximately: for 30 tablets in a package - 250-310 rubles, for 90 tablets - 590-730 rubles.
Cavinton forte: prices in online pharmacies
Cavinton forte 10 mg tablets 30 pcs.
Cavinton Forte 10mg tablets 90 pcs.
Cavinton forte 10 mg tablets 90 pcs.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!