Table of contents:
Video: Vitamins For Children 2 Years Old
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-06-01 00:39
Vitamins for children 2 years old
Translated from Latin, the word "vitamins" means "life".
Vitamins are necessary for all people: both young and old. Without them, the normal course of metabolic processes in the body, renewal and growth of tissues is impossible. Vitamins for children 2 years old are also necessary to protect against the effects of negative environmental factors.
An equally important role is played for the development of the body and minerals, which serve as a building material for the mental and physical development of the baby.
In modern times, the need for vitamins for a child at 2 years old is increasing. Weakened immunity, poor ecology, psychoemotional stress, which children are exposed to - all this plays an important role in the development of hypovitaminosis.
In modern conditions, it is not always possible to fully ensure the supply of all the necessary vitamins for a 2-year-old child with food. First, not all minerals are completely absorbed from foods. Thus, potassium can be absorbed by 70%, zinc by 20%, and iron by only 10%. Also, the assimilation of vitamins and minerals depends on the individual characteristics of the organism, on the way of storing and preparing food. During cooking, even the most vitamin-rich foods lose most of their beneficial properties. Fried foods and those cooked in the microwave are especially harmful.
What vitamins do children need?
To ensure mental, physical and mental development, pediatricians recommend regularly taking vitamin complexes for children 2 years old. However, parents often face the question of what vitamins children need, because today there is a wide variety of them in pharmacies. They differ not only in composition, but also in price. When choosing a complex of vitamins for children 2 years old, parents need to remember that the price of such drugs, as a rule, is directly related to quality, since the production of vitamin complexes requires high costs and compliance with many standards.
So what vitamins do children need? Vitamins for a child at 2 years old must be purchased only for children. They differ significantly from adult complexes in the composition of the components and their dosage and are intended to replenish 50-100% of the child's need for vitamins.
There are many forms of the release of children's vitamins. So, vitamins for children 2 years old can be purchased in the form of chewable tablets, marmalade, made in the form of funny animals. Older children can be given vitamin complexes in the form of pills, lozenges, tablets.
When choosing vitamins, a child at 2 years old should be guided by the individual characteristics of his body. So, if a child is allergic, you need to pay attention to the ingredients that make up the drug. If a child is allergic to citrus fruits, it is better to select a complex in which vitamin C is produced not from citrus fruits, but from rose hips, currants or acerola. These drugs do not usually cause allergies in children.
Lack of vitamins in children
A small growing body vitamins are essential for full development. All experts agree that vitamins for children 2 years old are extremely important. However, synthetic multivitamins should be avoided at this age. As a rule, it is still advisable to feed the baby in a balanced way, so that the baby receives most of the vitamins naturally.
Lack of vitamins in children negatively affects health and reduces immunity. Therefore, in order to make up for the lack of vitamins in children, it is necessary to include the following foods in the child's diet:
- Vitamin A - milk, fish, and egg yolks. The food should be cooked for the child in butter and vegetable oil. Vitamin A has a beneficial effect on the eyes, prevents the appearance of dermatitis, diaper rash and bronchitis;
- Vitamin D is directly involved in the absorption of calcium, affects the formation of joints and bone tissue, and prevents the development of rickets. Vitamin deficiency in children can be replenished by giving them milk, fish oil and cheese;
- If there is a lack of vitamin E, the child has a weight problem (lack of weight). In addition, vitamin E is a natural antioxidant and is capable of tissue repair. You can find it in the following foods: nuts, seeds, whole grain cereals, liver;
- Vitamin C increases immunity, so that the baby can successfully fight viral infections and allergic reactions. Vitamin C is present in cabbage, green peas, strawberries, black currants, bell peppers;
- To make up for a child's vitamin K deficiency, it is necessary to give him dishes of cauliflower, spinach and pork liver. Vitamin K is necessary for the body to restore blood clotting disorders;
- To replenish the deficiency of vitamin B1, the crumbs must be given dishes from corn, beans, potatoes and buckwheat. This vitamin normalizes the child's sleep, eliminates increased nervousness and moodiness;
- To replenish vitamin B2, include mushrooms, poultry, eggs and dairy products in the baby's diet. Vitamin B2 will contribute to the growth of the baby and eliminate problems with hemoglobin synthesis.
If the parents do not have the opportunity to provide the baby with all the necessary products, doctors recommend giving vitamin complexes to children 2 years old. In addition to all the vitamins necessary for a child, such preparations contain iodine, zinc, selenium, manganese, as well as carrot juice extract.
Some signs of vitamin deficiency in children are visible externally:
- Bleeding of the gums, loose teeth, slow wound healing, pallor of the skin, persistent colds - the child has a lack of vitamin C;
- Brittle nails and hair, dry skin are a sign of vitamin F deficiency;
- Ulcers on the tongue, cracks in the corners of the mouth, increased light sensitivity of the eyes - all these symptoms indicate a deficiency of vitamin B2;
- Poor appetite, severe fatigue and lethargy, lack of mood - lack of vitamin B1;
- Bad mood, anemia, increased weakness and fatigue - the child may have a lack of vitamin B12.
It is especially important that vitamins for children of 2 years old are present in their diet during the off-season and while taking antibiotics. Parents should closely monitor their child's condition and mood.
Found a mistake in the text? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter.