Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Indications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
Video: Sidex - Instructions For Use, Indications, Doses
Instructions for use:
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Indications for use
- 3. Contraindications
- 4. Method of application and dosage
- 5. Side effects
- 6. Special instructions
- 7. Drug interactions
- 8. Terms and conditions of storage
Sidex is a special disinfectant with fungicidal, bactericidal, sporicidal and virus-inactivating action, used for the processing and sterilization of medical equipment.
Release form and composition
Sidex is a two-component system that includes:
- liquid ingredient: a solution with a specific odor, colorless, transparent - 2.2-2.7% aqueous solution of glutaraldehyde, pH 3.0-4.5 (1, 5 and 10 liters in plastic canisters);
- activator powder: a finely dispersed powder mass containing a dye, a corrosion inhibitor and an alkaline agent, of a pale yellow color (6 or 30 g each in plastic cases).
The activated working solution is prepared from the components immediately before use by mixing them. After the final dissolution of the activator powder in the liquid component of the cleaner, the mixture acquires a fluorescent green color, a specific odor, pH 8.2-9.2 and contains glutaraldehyde - 2.2-2.7%.
Indications for use
Sidex is used when carrying out a set of measures for disinfection and sterilization of medical products (flexible / rigid endoscopes and medical instruments for them, other medical equipment); for sterilization measures for viral (HIV infection and hepatitis with parenteral transmission mechanism), fungal and bacterial (including tuberculosis) infections.
It is forbidden to carry out disinfection work for persons prone to allergic reactions and with increased sensitivity to chemicals.
Method of administration and dosage
The activated Sydex solution is used for the sterilization and disinfection of metal, glass, polymer (plastic, rubber, etc.) medical products.
Preparation of an activated solution: add (avoiding losses) an activator powder from a plastic case into a container containing a liquid component; use enamel (with undamaged enamel), plastic or glass containers (including sterilization / disinfection trays "Sidex").
Before the start of disinfection, it is required to remove all visible contamination from the outside of medical devices using cloth napkins, after which, in a container with water, rinse the cavities and channels of the instruments to be treated. Detachable products must be disassembled prior to sterilization / disinfection.
Pre-sterilization cleaning is carried out by completely immersing the product in a solution, with a layer of the preparation above it of at least 1 cm.
Recommended sterilization / disinfection of medical instruments:
- instruments without locking parts, cavities and channels (treatment): use a solution of 0.8% concentration, holding a preliminary 15-minute exposure in Sidex, then the instrument is thoroughly washed in the same solution for half a minute;
- detachable products previously disassembled (processing): use a solution of 1.6% concentration; if the toolkit has locking parts, it should be soaked open, performing several working movements in the solution for a more complete penetration of Sidex into hard-to-reach places of the locks; preliminary exposure in solution - 15 minutes, then thorough washing in the same solution for 1 minute;
- rigid / flexible endoscopes (pre-sterilization cleaning): use a 0.8% solution with a temperature of at least 18 ° C; preliminary exposure in the solution - 15 minutes, then thorough washing in the same solution for 1-3 minutes;
- instruments for flexible endoscopes (pre-sterilization cleaning): use a solution of 1.6%; preliminary exposure in the solution - 15 minutes, then thorough washing in the same solution for 1.5-2.0 minutes.
After processing, the product must be removed from the solution, with the removal of its residues from the channels, and placed in a vessel with drinking water. It is recommended to wash the instruments under running water.
The activated solution can be used repeatedly, but not more than 14 days from the time of activation, provided that its original appearance is preserved. Having found the first signs of change, in the form of turbidity of the solution, the formation of sediment or flakes, discoloration, the appearance of plaque on the walls of containers, etc., the working solution should be replaced.
To prevent the dilution of the working fluid and a decrease in the concentration of the solution as a result of repeated use of Sidex, medical devices must be placed in it only dry.
Sidex belongs to the 3rd class of disinfectants: moderately hazardous in case of ingestion and inhalation; moderately toxic when administered parenterally; with a weak sensitizing and cumulative effect; having a slight local irritant effect with repeated application to the skin and a pronounced irritant effect on the mucous membrane of the eyes. Long-term inhalation of Sidex vapors can irritate the respiratory system and mucous membranes of the respiratory system.
Acute poisoning can develop as a result of accidental filling of the working solution over large areas (with further evaporation of chemicals from the entire surface), or in case of non-observance of the prescribed precautions. Signs of such poisoning can be expressed by irritation of the mucous membranes of the eyes (burning, lacrimation, pain, itching) and upper respiratory tract (runny nose, cough, sore throat), dizziness, shortness of breath, nausea. The risk of exacerbating allergic reactions also increases.
The victim is required to immediately provide access to fresh air, give a solution of baking soda in warm milk to drink (soda - 1 teaspoon, milk - 1 glass), and if necessary, consult a doctor.
Intoxication and ways to eliminate it, depending on the localization of lesions:
- skin and subcutaneous tissue: at the beginning of the lesion, there is no burning sensation, but the appearance of puffiness, yellow spots, redness on the skin is possible after a while; it is required to immediately rinse the affected area with plenty of water;
- digestive system: at the beginning nausea appears, then vomiting is possible; you should immediately drink several glasses of water in a row, then rinse the stomach, then take 10-20 tablets of activated carbon, if necessary, you can replace it with milk or raw eggs;
- eyes: immediately rinse under running water for at least 10 minutes, then drip a solution of sodium sulfacil 30% - 1-2 drops, and immediately consult a doctor.
Work with the drug must be carried out in a room that is well ventilated or equipped with supply and exhaust ventilation.
For contact with Sidex, it is required to wear rubber gloves, and also to avoid getting the drug on the skin and eyes.
It should not be categorically:
- use the drug in an unactivated form;
- carry out work with the solution until there is complete dissolution of the activator powder in the liquid component;
- divide any of the components of the agent into parts for the manufacture of an activated solution in smaller volumes.
Since Sidex is not a drug, there is no data on its drug interactions.
Terms and conditions of storage
In the original, unopened package, the drug is stored out of the reach of children, protected from sunlight, at a temperature of 5-20 ° C.
Shelf life is 2 years.
The activated solution, subject to the requirements for storage in a dark, cool place and a closed container, is usable for 2 weeks.
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!