Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Indications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Video: Kromofarm - Instructions For Use, Indications, Doses, Analogues
Instructions for use:
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Indications for use
- 3. Contraindications
- 4. Method of application and dosage
- 5. Side effects
- 6. Special instructions
- 7. Drug interactions
- 8. Analogs
- 9. Terms and conditions of storage
- 10. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Kromofarm is an anti-allergic drug.
Release form and composition
Kromofarm is produced in the following dosage forms:
- Eye drops (10 ml in vials, 1 vial in a cardboard box);
- Nasal spray: transparent slightly yellowish or colorless liquid (15 ml in vials, 1 vial in a cardboard box).
The composition of 1 ml of eye drops and nasal spray includes:
- Active ingredient: sodium cromoglycate - 20 mg (in terms of 100% dry matter);
- Auxiliary components: sodium chloride, benzalkonium chloride, polysorbate 80, disodium edetate, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, water for injection.
Indications for use
Kromofarm is prescribed for the treatment and prevention of the following diseases:
- Eye drops: acute and chronic allergic conjunctivitis, including hay conjunctivitis and vernal keratoconjunctivitis;
- Nasal spray: acute and chronic seasonal or year-round allergic rhinitis, hay fever.
- Age up to 4 years (for eye drops), up to 5 years (for nasal spray);
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
Additional contraindications to the use of Kromofarm in the form of a nasal spray are:
- Severe hepatic and / or renal impairment;
- Nasal polyps.
For pregnant women (especially in the first trimester) and lactating women, Cromofarm is prescribed only in cases where the expected health benefits of the mother are higher than the risk to the fetus or child.
Method of administration and dosage
Eye drops are prescribed for adults and children over 4 years old, 1 drop in each eye, the frequency of application is 4 times a day (if necessary, it can be increased up to 6-8 times a day). After improving the condition, the frequency of instillation can be reduced.
The therapy is continued until the patient stops contact with the allergen that caused the development of the disease.
With seasonal allergic conjunctivitis, therapy should be started immediately after the first signs of the disease appear. You can also use Kromofarm prophylactically until pollen appears.
The duration of treatment is determined by the type and severity of the disease.
The cap of the bottle should be screwed up as much as possible before the first use (the spike inside will pierce the hole).
Nasal spray is prescribed for adults and children over 5 years of age, 1 injection into each nasal passage, the frequency of application is 3-4 times a day (for adults, if necessary, the frequency of application can be increased up to 6 times a day). Before using the drug, you must carefully clean your nose.
With seasonal allergic rhinitis, it is recommended to start therapy immediately after the first signs of the disease appear. It is also possible to use Kromofarm prophylactically before contact of the patient with a known allergen. After improvement, a gradual lengthening of the intervals between the use of the drug is possible.
During the injection, the bottle must be held vertically, with the nozzle up. It is recommended to take a small breath through the nose during the injection.
The duration of treatment is determined by the type and severity of the disease. It is recommended to withdraw the drug gradually over a period of 1 week.
Immediately before using eye drops or nasal spray, you need to hold the bottle with Kromofarm in your hands to warm the drug to body temperature.
During the use of eye drops, the following side effects may develop:
- Organ of vision: conjunctival edema, visual impairment, blepharitis, irritation of the mucous membrane of the eye, feeling of a foreign body in the eye, conjunctival hyperemia, lacrimation, dryness, skin rash around the eyes, tingling and burning sensation in the eyes, which pass on their own in 1-3 minutes and do not lead to clinically significant deviations or pathological changes in the conjunctiva;
- Respiratory disorders: dyspnea;
- Allergic reactions: hypersensitivity reactions (in patients with hypersensitivity).
When using Kromofarm in the form of a nasal spray, the following side effects may occur:
- Respiratory system: burning or irritation of the nasal mucosa, cough, frequent sneezing, rhinorrhea; rarely - nosebleeds, slight dryness in the throat, choking, shortness of breath or stridor, ulceration of the nasal mucosa;
- Immune system: extremely rarely - angioedema, anaphylactic reactions, difficulty swallowing, arthralgia, swelling of the lips, face, eyelids or tongue;
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue: pruritus, urticaria, skin rash, exanthema;
- Gastrointestinal tract: dysphagia, change in taste, nausea, abdominal pain;
- Central nervous system: headache, dizziness, migraine;
- Cardiovascular system: lowering blood pressure;
- Others: lacrimation.
The preparation contains benzalkonium chloride as a preservative, which can cause side effects in the form of hypersensitivity to it and changes in taste.
With the development of side effects during the use of Kromofarm, you should consult your doctor.
With prolonged therapy, it is necessary to regularly monitor the functional state of the liver and kidneys.
In the period of exacerbation of the chronic process and in acute inflammation, Kromofarm should be used simultaneously with antihistamines or corticosteroids.
Kromofarm must be used regularly. It is recommended to start treatment before contact with the allergen and continue throughout the duration of the allergen.
Remove hard contact lenses before using eye drops. You can use them again after 15 minutes.
Accidental ingestion of Kromofarm is safe and no special measures, other than medical supervision, are required in this case.
If the integrity of the bottle with drops or spray is violated, as well as if the solution becomes cloudy, Kromofarm should not be used.
For some time after instillation of Kromofarm in the eyes, one should refrain from performing work requiring increased attention (development of short-term visual impairment is possible).
Kromofarm mutually enhances the effect of other anti-asthma and anti-allergic drugs: glucocorticoids, beta-adrenergic agonists, antihistamines and theophylline. With the simultaneous appointment of the dose of the latter can be reduced.
Kromofarm's analogues are: Kromoglin, Ifiral, Lekrolin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark place, out of reach of children, at a temperature of 15-25 ° C.
The shelf life is 3 years.
After opening the bottle, Kromofarm can be used for 28 days.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!