Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Indications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Rumalon: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Rumalon - Instructions For Use, Indications, Doses, Analogues
Instructions for use:
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Indications for use
- 3. Contraindications
- 4. Method of application and dosage
- 5. Side effects
- 6. Special instructions
- 7. Drug interactions
- 8. Analogs
- 9. Terms and conditions of storage
- 10. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Prices in online pharmacies:
from 1382 rub.
Rumalon is a drug that affects impaired metabolism in cartilaginous hyaline tissue, enhances the biosynthesis of sulfated mucopolysaccharides, stimulates the regeneration of articular cartilage, inhibits catabolic processes in cartilage tissue.
Release form and composition
Rumalon's dosage form is a solution for intramuscular administration: a clear liquid from yellowish-brown to pale yellow with a brownish tinge, with a characteristic smell of metacresol (1 or 2 ml in light-protective glass ampoules: 5 ampoules in a blister strip, 1 or 2 packages together with a scarifier or ampoule knife in a cardboard box; 5 or 10 ampoules with a scarifier or an ampoule knife in a cardboard box with an insert made of cardboard with cells for ampoules in 1 or 2 rows; in a package with ampoules equipped with a ring or a breaking point scarifier or ampoule knife do not put; in addition, two protective labels are glued to the pack in order to control the first opening).
Composition of 1 ml solution:
- active substance: glycosaminoglycan-peptide complex from bone marrow and cartilage of young calves - 2.5 mg;
- auxiliary components: metacresol, water for injection.
Indications for use
Rumalon is indicated for the treatment of the following degenerative joint changes:
- arthrosis of the interdigital joints;
- osteoarthritis of the knee joints;
- destruction of the cartilage tissue lining the capsule of the hip joints (coxarthrosis);
- spondyloarthrosis (pathology of the facet joints of the spine);
- chondromalacia of the patella.
The use of the drug is contraindicated in rheumatoid arthritis and clinically significant individual hypersensitivity to the components of Rumalon.
Method of administration and dosage
The solution should be injected deeply intramuscularly.
Recommended dosing regimen, if there are no other prescriptions:
- the first day - 0.3 ml;
- second day - 0.5 ml;
- the third day and further - 1 ml 3 times a week.
The course of therapy is 5-6 weeks. Re-treatment can be prescribed by the attending physician after consultation, using the same scheme.
In rare cases, due to the use of Rumalon solution, hypersensitivity reactions are possible.
According to the research results, a relatively rapid onset of clinically significant drug action was noted.
The effect of 1 course of therapy lasts for 7-12 months.
The interaction of Rumalon with other medicinal substances / preparations has not been identified.
Drug therapy in combination with physiotherapy is allowed.
Biartrin is an analogue of Rumalon.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children, in a dark place at a temperature of 18-20 ° C.
The shelf life is 5 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Rumalon: prices in online pharmacies
Rumalon solution for intramuscular injection 1 ml 10 pcs.
Rumalon solution in / m introduction. amp. 1ml 10 pcs.
Rumalon solution for intramuscular injection 1 ml 25 pcs.
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!